The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Nebbles

Check the front page to see what's done and what hasn't been done.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

Wow, you guys sure have been busy here! Be sure to nominate this for the next project so we can get these on the site.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 02, 2015, 07:00:46 PMWow, you guys sure have been busy here! Be sure to nominate this for the next project so we can get these on the site.
Well hey, I'm sure we can get it through with enough of the popular vote.  ;)

Slides $20 under the table

Olimar12345

Meet me around back after 9:30 PM this Friday.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JesterMusician

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 02, 2015, 06:45:51 PMHey! So I'm currently arranging an Undertale medley, and I'm trying to make it possible to only use NSM sheets for my project (since this website is so awesome). I've started with the start menu theme, and I plan on using Latios212's arrangement of "Home", and I'm definitely using "Snowy", but I'm wondering if anyone has done Papyrus' theme (or "Nyeh Heh Heh!"), His Theme (or "Undertale"), or the Nastablook Theme (aka "Ghost Battle Theme.")

P.S. The project's going along great. Nice job guys! Especially you, Yug Guy.

I've done Bonetrousle, which is like an extended version of Nyeh Heh Heh!

BrainyLucario

We are allowed to use sources and references, right? I know how to do "Undertale", but "The Choice" is a really warped song and I don't want to mess it up.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 02, 2015, 07:00:46 PMWow, you guys sure have been busy here! Be sure to nominate this for the next project so we can get these on the site.
I totally agree!
That would be amazing if we could get all these on site.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: ShadowChords on December 02, 2015, 06:45:51 PMHey! So I'm currently arranging an Undertale medley, and I'm trying to make it possible to only use NSM sheets for my project (since this website is so awesome). I've started with the start menu theme, and I plan on using Latios212's arrangement of "Home", and I'm definitely using "Snowy", but I'm wondering if anyone has done Papyrus' theme (or "Nyeh Heh Heh!"), His Theme (or "Undertale"), or the Nastablook Theme (aka "Ghost Battle Theme.")
"Undertale" might take a little bit to finish, due to the length of the song, but I should be able to get it done at a reasonable rate.
I'm getting some help from E. Gadd Industries, so it should get done at a faster rate.

ShadowChords

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 03, 2015, 08:44:34 AM"Undertale" might take a little bit to finish, due to the length of the song, but I should be able to get it done at a reasonable rate.

Great! Thanks for the heads up.
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

dinos24SP

I'm working on Ghost Fight. It's coming along... slowly.

BrainyLucario

I should be able to upload "undertale" pretty soon. I just have to put it in finale. Then I can get suggestions for improvements ( if needed.)

Yug_Guy

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know I got Live Report done. Critiques are appreciated.

Also, I realized that I had Amalgam mostly done, but I never actually got it finished. Well, here it is! Big shout-out to TheMarioPianist, who helped with the bass and drum parts! (He also helped me with Temmie Village, in case I forgot to mention earlier)

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 06, 2015, 06:04:15 PMHey guys! Just wanted to let you all know I got Live Report done. Critiques are appreciated.

Also, I realized that I had Amalgam mostly done, but I never actually got it finished. Well, here it is! Big shout-out to TheMarioPianist, who helped with the bass and drum parts! (He also helped me with Temmie Village, in case I forgot to mention earlier)

For Live Report:

The theme should be notated with 3/4 time signature and quarter note = 115.

Stay in the treble clef for the left hand G.

I would personally change the right hand quarter notes to eighth notes to keep consistency, and with quarters it makes it a little ambiguous because the player might think that you mean to have the quarter notes played longer, when in the theme they're all the same duration.

The slurring is a little inaccurate in representing the phrases; for example, in m5, I would say that there should be a slur on the first two notes, and then another slur continued by the third note into the next measure.

In m13, get rid of the tie. There are two different notes.

URL is incorrect.

Formatting should be fixed with the staves and measure numbers should be added, though I'm sure you planned to do that anyways.

EDIT: Actually, I'd get someone else's opinion on this first, but I would keep the left hand in the treble clef the whole time. It's not hard to read a low F with ledger lines.

Also, the key is in C# major, not F# major (which should probably be switched over to Db major instead).

One more extremely minor nitpick (that I don't really think matters either way): Instead of using the text tool to put an expression, use the Expression tool. You can just slap it on to the front of the tempo marking.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Yug_Guy on December 06, 2015, 06:04:15 PMHey guys! Just wanted to let you all know I got Live Report done. Critiques are appreciated.

Nice job Yug_Guy. I'm not really a critique, but I still wanted to thank you for setting this project up.

BrainyLucario

I might have to change my claim on The Choice and take Danger Mystery instead. The Choice sounds too warped for me.
Spoiler
I don't want to make sans judgement of frisk sound bad
[close]