News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Zeila

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 08, 2015, 05:20:38 PMThere are simply a lot of voices missing throughout the entire piece that could be implemented.
There is so many voices in the song "Undertale," and we can only submit sheet music for piano. Given this, would it be acceptable to only include the piano portion. The drum beat does add a nice beat to the song, but I don't see anyway to convert that to piano.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 13, 2015, 12:23:03 PMThere is so many voices in the song "Undertale," and we can only submit sheet music for piano. Given this, would it be acceptable to only include the piano portion. The drum beat does add a nice beat to the song, but I don't see anyway to convert that to piano.

I'm not referring to the drumbeat. There are plenty of other pitched voices that could be added in as well at certain points without making it unplayable.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

It'd be a really cool project to a full score for the song Undertale one day, though, it'd be really beautiful to see performed live by people if we made the sheets.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Nebbles on December 13, 2015, 12:25:00 PMIt'd be a really cool project to a full score for the song Undertale one day, though, it'd be really beautiful to see performed live by people if we made the sheets.
I'm trying to make the sheets at the moment, Just got to add a few voices and fix any of the notes that need to be fixed.

I might need some help with the voices, so if anyone is willing to help me with these, I would really appreciate it. Just PM me.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Th3Gavst3r

Hey guys, mostly done with Dummy!
I was just worried about a few chords still, and some help would be appreciated. I think I've listened to this song enough times to be completely saturated, and everything's starting to blend together...

Anyway, I'm a still not sure about measures 66 and 74, along with 82 (1:23, 1:31, and 1:39 in the song.) I'm having a hard time hearing what's going on in those eighths, so I'd appreciate a second opinion. Other than that, if there's anything else off I'm not sure if I can tell it's there anymore :/ Also I'm pretty new to formal arrangements so feel free to point out any formatting/style issues. Thanks guys, I'll submit after any feedback!

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mastersuperfan

I'm assuming you used the Undertale template, which actually has quite a few problems on it. For example:

You also have a lot of things very close together; try to fiddle around with Finale's tools and space everything out more. I would suggest putting only 4 systems on the first page instead of 5 as you have now, since the systems are very close to both the header and the footer.

Some feedback on the arrangement itself:

• I think this should be in cut time because 240 BPM is pretty fast.
  • The first note in the right hand in m20 should be a Db, not D.
  • Overall, I think there are some melody notes that are off; I advise going through and checking them again. My suggestion is to slow down the audio so you can discern the notes more easily even though the piece is so fast. Maybe later I'll go through and help you check them if you want.

Overall, though, this is very impressive!

Th3Gavst3r

I can't believe after all the times I've listened to this I didn't notice that Db... I guess this is why I wanted to get some fresh ears to help out, thanks. I'll take a look at the melodies again in the morning, maybe flush my brain with some sleep in the meantime.

For now, I've been messing with the formatting and I think I've spaced it out alright, keeping it to 7 pages. I did run into issues with swing playback in cut time where finale winds up swinging quarter notes. Google says to "use a different time signature for display" but I can't find an option for that in SongWriter. If someone can fix that it'd be great, but for now I've just changed the tempo marking.

I've put the changes up, so hopefully someone can check those overnight.

Dudeman

WAIT WAIT WAIT

GHOST FIGHT AND DUMMY AND SPIDER DANCE ACTUALLY ALL SHARE THE SAME THEME

DANG IT TOBY FOX STOP RECYCLING YOUR THEMES SO WELL

(actually the "so well" is debatable because I'd rather have a lot of unique pieces rather than a few themes that are recycled repeatedly throughout the soundtrack but hey it works)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on December 15, 2015, 10:43:05 PMWAIT WAIT WAIT

GHOST FIGHT AND DUMMY AND SPIDER DANCE ACTUALLY ALL SHARE THE SAME THEME

DANG IT TOBY FOX STOP RECYCLING YOUR THEMES SO WELL

(actually the "so well" is debatable because I'd rather have a lot of unique pieces rather than a few themes that are recycled repeatedly throughout the soundtrack but hey it works)

A little late to the party aren't ya

Dudeman

I mean I've picked up on all the other themes that are reused throughout the soundtrack so this is the one outstanding one I never noticed. :/
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Th3Gavst3r

Here's Room of Dog, Dununnn, and Predummy, felt like a change of pace.