The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Latios212

Nice project you're doing!

Quote from: insaneintherain on November 02, 2015, 09:25:53 PMSometimes I lurk around here to find sheets that haven't made it to the full site yet ;)
Did you like my take on "Home"? ::)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Quote from: insaneintherain on November 02, 2015, 09:35:14 PMMaybe. Possibly not for a while.

Just saying, I had an amazing idea for a Michael Jackson - Mettaton (Death By Glamour) crossover, and that will most definitely happen someday.

Ohhh, that sounds absolutely fantastic. I cannot wait for that!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

Oh don't be rude :V

(maybe he'll like my arrangement of snowy, i can dream, right)
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

InsigTurtle

I had a couple of minutes to spare, so I decided to do this.

Problem is, (as I've mentioned to someone here), I can't use specific tools (midi, articulation, expression) without having Finale crashing. So I can't do anything about dynamics or such until Finale releases an update for that, which they said they would do in November.

It's a quickie, only 8 measures, so I'd appreciate if someone could mess around with the file. Thanks.

Uwa!! So HEATS!!? (rough copy)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r4cfi41x6ce6hd/uwa.mus?dl=0

dinos24SP

Insaneintherain!!! Love your covers! Found them via MCGamer (I'm in his Twitch chat sometimes too). Looking forward to your cover of Home, might even contribute :)

ThePopStarDude

Guys... I don't know what to do.

I have put my transcriptions in submissions, and I'm improving them as I was told to do. So I edited them in Musescore. But that means I have to format them AGAIN in Finale... which just won't work. I tried basically everything, searched for help, but nothing worked. Either something that was supposed to pop up didn't, or a tool didn't exist when it should've.

This is fine, right? I can just ask someone else to format it for me. Well, that's the thing. The song should be formatted EVERY TIME I edited it and wanted to submit it. And I can't rely on other people that much.

Any advice? Please.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

braix

Can't you just edit it in Finale in the first place?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

dinos24SP

A lot of people (like myself) can't afford Finale and have to use MuseScore->MusicXML->Finale Notepad which is really cumbersome. I think NSM should accept MuseScore files as alternatives to MUS, considering the program you need to play them is free.

dinos24SP

ThePopStarDude

Yeah, what Dinos said. I can't afford Finale, and I have to export from Musescore to Finale Notepad. And Finale Notepad... let's just say it's not very good.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

ThePopStarDude

I downloaded the free trial of Finale 2014, that should be fine for now.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

braix

I think you could try using Finale Notepad with what it can do. A lot is possible with it if you know where to go to find it. If all else fails I can be your permanent formatter
Also we're all used to Finale and .mus is set as the standard file already. Accepting MS files  would either require people to format each one into .mus files, or the main site would need to let you download both the files-which could require us to make a MS file for all the other 2k sheets on the site

EDIT: or you could just keep submiting the unformatted stuff until the notes and stuff are perfect. Then the final thing would be all formatted to NSM's standards

ThePopStarDude

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 03, 2015, 08:07:33 AMEDIT: or you could just keep submiting the unformatted stuff until the notes and stuff are perfect. Then the final thing would be all formatted to NSM's standards

Would that be fine with the staff?
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

braix

Dunno, nobody really did that before(as far as I know) since everyone uses Finale here.
If you say that the formatting is going to be fixed after the notes are all fixed and improved and mention why that is, then it should probably be fine.(In the first reply with the YouTube video of the song)