News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[DELETED] [GBA] Wario Land 4 - "Work It!" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, September 30, 2015, 11:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on November 24, 2015, 07:29:02 PMSerious question though. Why don't you ask for formatting help like I suggested instead of waiting for someone to come along and do it for you?
I did not understand what you meant by "*winks loudly*." I apologize.

Yug_Guy

DonValentino

Let's do something, transcribe the rest of the song in here. I offered some articulations ideas and also changed the value of that note that's almost a grace note. A 16th feels too long to me, a 32nd is better, but still I think is something in between (however, in order not to include weird stuff, I'd say 32nd more than 16th).

Yug_Guy

Quote from: DonValentino on November 25, 2015, 12:33:26 PMLet's do something, transcribe the rest of the song in here. I offered some articulations ideas and also changed the value of that note that's almost a grace note. A 16th feels too long to me, a 32nd is better, but still I think is something in between (however, in order not to include weird stuff, I'd say 32nd more than 16th).
Do you just want me to copy/paste what I already have into it, or do you want me to change the bass similar to what you've already done for the rest of the song?

DonValentino

Yeah, it would be nice. Oh and after a second thought, forgot to mention, while the song is in C, you can keep the flat in the key signature. The whole song is based on the Mixolydian scale, with just some eventual B naturals, so in this case it's justifiable. Otherwise it is a little pain to see B flats in each and every measure lol

Yug_Guy

Yeah, when Zunawe (I believe) formatted the sheet, he changed the key to F. I'd change it back if I could, but F works pretty well as it is.

I'll get around to changing that soon; hopefully nothing comes up this weekend to prevent me from doing it.

EDIT: Slight Major problem: Notepad will let me add 32 notes, but won't let me do double-dotted quarter notes. Meaning I either have to have someone else do it, or do it in Musescore which will completely wreck the formatting.  :( What should I do?

Echo

Quote from: Yug_Guy on November 27, 2015, 03:00:07 PMEDIT: Slight Major problem: Notepad will let me add 32 notes, but won't let me do double-dotted quarter notes. Meaning I either have to have someone else do it, or do it in Musescore which will completely wreck the formatting.  :( What should I do?

You should be able to. Just have only the dot selected in the toolbar menu, and then click on a note to your heart's content to keep adding more dots to it. Alternatively, you could use ties.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Echo on November 27, 2015, 08:34:14 PMYou should be able to. Just have only the dot selected in the toolbar menu, and then click on a note to your heart's content to keep adding more dots to it. Alternatively, you could use ties.
Okay, got it. Thanks! I'll try to get it done this weekend.

Yug_Guy

Links have been updated

Any dotted quarter-sixteenths have been changed to doubledotted quarter - 32nd notes where applicable. Additionally I've added articulation in the left hand based on Don's suggestion.

DonValentino

The subtitle is still Undertale... Didn't know Wario makes a cameo there too a-la Starfy lol

Oh and I meant that you copied what you had in the one I offered above, but it's ok. :J

Yug_Guy

Quote from: DonValentino on November 28, 2015, 12:22:05 PMThe subtitle is still Undertale... Didn't know Wario makes a cameo there too a-la Starfy lol
Dangit. Let me fix that quick...

Quote from: DonValentino on November 28, 2015, 12:22:05 PMOh and I meant that you copied what you had in the one I offered above, but it's ok. :J
Notepad messes up a lot of the formatting if you copy+paste stuff. I figured it save us both headaches to just do everything from scratch.  :)

Yug_Guy

Any critiques from anyone? I would imagine there's still a bunch of stuff I need to work on for this piece.

Yug_Guy

Tobbeh99

I made a mus where I fixed the formatting of the sheet: [ZIP]

Things you can work with (haha the pun):

1) Maybe a pickup measure with a glissando down and up to the chord on measure 1.

2) the part where the vocals come in (measures 13-16): I think you should write down the vocals in the RH rather than the organ. And instead maybe incorporate the organ in the LH. This is the part which I think the vocals are most important, there are later section where there the vocals continue, but I don't think it is as important.

3) measures 41-41: I'm not sure if you thought of writing down the organ thing or not, but I think you should write it down. I think there is some interval, 6th maybe, that descends chromatically.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2016, 12:05:03 PM1) Maybe a pickup measure with a glissando down and up to the chord on measure 1.
Perhaps. I can't add any pickup measures in Notepad though...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2016, 12:05:03 PM2) the part where the vocals come in (measures 13-16): I think you should write down the vocals in the RH rather than the organ. And instead maybe incorporate the organ in the LH. This is the part which I think the vocals are most important, there are later section where there the vocals continue, but I don't think it is as important.
As much as I would love to add the vocals, I can't justify it for two reasons:
1) The vocal section switches from singing to talking and then back to singing again. Since talking takes up a large majority of the section, I don't know if I want to leave essentially "empty space" in between the two major singing sections, considering I wouldn't be notating anything.
2) When the song repeats for the second time, there are no vocals. Based on the way I have the sheet set up, I would have to either add m.5-32 directly after m.42 and make the sheet a lot longer, or have a completely separate section for just the vocals.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on January 14, 2016, 12:05:03 PM3) measures 41-41: I'm not sure if you thought of writing down the organ thing or not, but I think you should write it down. I think there is some interval, 6th maybe, that descends chromatically.
I'll see if I can figure out what this is/how to notate it. Might take some time for me to figure it out.

Otherwise, thanks for the edits! It looks great!