News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NES] Super Mario Bros. - "Castle" (Replacement) by Latios212

Started by Zeta, September 20, 2015, 08:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Bros.
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Why has this never been replaced? :P

Disclaimer: I used a couple sheets online to double check my work but the arranging is all mine.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Haha, wow, tbh, the one on site is nice and all, but it just...isn't...right...but yours is! Nice work! Only thing I might say is double everything and write it in cut time with the half note at 90 rather than the quarter. (That's what my trusty Super Mario Series book says, anyways. Your arrangement is actually better than theirs; they missed some notes. But I'd go with their tempo and time sig.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Sebastian

Excellent work!
Only one thing:
- Change all the G flats in measures 3 & 4 to F sharps. Since there are F# Minor chords in there, I'd assume you'd use F sharps.
.....I'd probably put it in 2/4, but I think 2/2 works just as fine!
Nice Job!

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 21, 2015, 10:51:52 AM- Change all the G flats in measures 3 & 4 to F sharps. Since there are F# Minor chords in there, I'd assume you'd use F sharps.

There's an F natural in the LH.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Yeah, I know. Didn't think that interfered with the right hand.

Bespinben

When in doubt, it's often helpful to look up other arrangements of the song, if they exist. The one from mariopiano.com notates it as Latios does currently (with the addition of being in G minor):

Latios212

But they got the timing wrong hehe
Anyway, what do I need to change accidental wise?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Hmmmm.....sorry to put you out, Bespinben, but could you give me an explanation for that? I just don't understand why it isn't an F sharp :P

Bespinben

This is a piece that needs to be analyzed horizontally (voice leading) rather than vertically (chords)

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on September 21, 2015, 01:16:43 PMThis is a piece that needs to be analyzed horizontally (voice leading) rather than vertically (chords)
I see what you mean. Ok then.....I'm man enough to know when I've been beaten. :P

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on September 21, 2015, 12:58:14 PMWhen in doubt, it's often helpful to look up other arrangements of the song, if they exist. The one from mariopiano.com notates it as Latios does currently (with the addition of being in G minor):
I completely agree with your reasoning, and I would notate it as a Gb personally. Just wanted to point out that the Super Mario Series for piano put down an F#... :P. No idea why, really. They left out the harmonies in what you could call the "melody" part anyway. Latios arranged it better than they did, imo.[/uselesscontribution]
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player