News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "World Clear!" by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, September 20, 2015, 05:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: World Clear!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TheMarioPianist

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMarioPianist

Just thought I'd get this short, easy one up there while I'm waiting on Route 209. No fixes, maybe? (Who am I kidding, they'll find something.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Already changed stuff myself. I forgot a Db in measure 2 and I changed the MIDI sound to Bright Piano because it makes me happy. Yea, I should probably focus on the arranging...;D

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 20, 2015, 05:33:59 PM(Who am I kidding, they'll find something.)
There is always something.

For example,
- There should be an exclamation mark in the title.
- Don't capitalize "by".
- Move the eighth rest in measure 1 up.
- The title and stuff seems too close to the top of the sheet.
- The swing marking and the tempo marking aren't vertically aligned :3 (Also, I prefer the equals sign to be separated by spaces but you don't have to).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on September 20, 2015, 06:22:12 PMThere is always something.

For example,
- There should be an exclamation mark in the title.
- Don't capitalize "by".
- Move the eighth rest in measure 1 up.
- The title and stuff seems too close to the top of the sheet.
- The swing marking and the tempo marking aren't vertically aligned :3 (Also, I prefer the equals sign to be separated by spaces but you don't have to).
Updated with Latios' corrections.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Very good!
- The url disappeared.
Measure 1: You should switch the layers around. They're clashing now.
Measure 1: You could add a staccato to the 2nd and 3rd notes and a slur from the first to second note. It'd sound more like the original. Same with measures 2.
- You could fill in the chords.
- Some accents on the 4th notes of measures 1 & 2 would be sweet.

Other than that, It's pretty dang good!

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 21, 2015, 11:33:14 AMVery good!
- The url disappeared.
Measure 1: You should switch the layers around. They're clashing now.
Measure 1: You could add a staccato to the 2nd and 3rd notes and a slur from the first to second note. It'd sound more like the original. Same with measures 2.
- You could fill in the chords.
- Some accents on the 4th notes of measures 1 & 2 would be sweet.

Other than that, It's pretty dang good!

-Did all these thingies except "fill in the chords," you're gonna have to go into detail on what you mean there.
-Did some other thingies (very minor, don't have to be mentioned).

Let me know what you think of the thingy with the fixed thingies.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Nice! I'll have feedback on this later when I get on my computer.

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Ummmmm.....forget what I said. It sounds dumb now that I think about it :P

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 30, 2015, 08:12:19 PMUmmmmm.....forget what I said. It sounds dumb now that I think about it :P

It's not dumb, you were right.

[MUS]
I did the first two measures, think you can do the next two TMP? Put on some headphones, slow it down, put on an equalizer if you need to, and just listen for all the buried instruments and notes.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on September 30, 2015, 08:43:48 PMIt's not dumb, you were right.

[MUS]
I did the first two measures, think you can do the next two TMP? Put on some headphones, slow it down, put on an equalizer if you need to, and just listen for all the buried instruments and notes.
I was gonna say, I was pretty sure MLF was right; I just didn't know what he meant originally. I'll do this tomorrow.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on September 30, 2015, 08:43:48 PMI did the first two measures, think you can do the next two TMP? Put on some headphones, slow it down, put on an equalizer if you need to, and just listen for all the buried instruments and notes.
Well, a day turned into a week, but I finally fixed this up. Kinda tough to hear, but I think I got it. Let me know if there are any issues with playability.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Move the dynamic back! And re-enter the high F and A in the first measure, they're spaced weirdly.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on October 10, 2015, 05:38:01 PMMove the dynamic back! And re-enter the high F and A in the first measure, they're spaced weirdly.
Um...How did I not notice those things? No clue. Weird. Anyway, fixificated.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player