[SNES] Super Mario World - "Koopa Kids" (Replacement) by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, September 20, 2015, 03:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on September 29, 2015, 09:39:28 AMWhoops, I misread. The rhythm there is 8th-dotted quarter-dotted quarter-8th. That second dotted quarter falls right on beat three, so it does show it. My mistake.
I know. That's why I said:
Quote from: mariolegofan on September 29, 2015, 09:34:33 AMDoesn't really matter I guess :P

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 29, 2015, 09:34:33 AMI am referring to the right hand. Personally, I'd have the Ab (in the right hand) as a quarter tied to an 8th instead of a dotted quarter.....which would show the 3rd beat the clearest imo.
Doesn't really matter I guess :P

That "rule" only applies to the down-beat of 3. having consecutive dotted quarter notes can exist in this fashion.

Also, about that staccato marking on a tied note: It is not an issue so see something like this. A staccato is an articulation, and, when we're not talking about jazz, articulations have nothing to do with note-length. articulations do exactly what they're named to do: they articulate, or add clarity to the style in which the note is to be played. Generally, a staccato marking indicates that a note should be played "lightly" and with a "slight detachment", or "separation." In other contexts, such as a march, the staccato mark indicates the weight of the note, which would be a lighter weight than say a marcato.

So back to this arrangement, wouldn't it be weirder to leave out the staccato on that one note than keep the consistency? That note in measure 30 should be played with the same style and length as the first note of the bar, or the following note.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 29, 2015, 10:02:39 AMThat "rule" only applies to the down-beat of 3. having consecutive dotted quarter notes can exist in this fashion.
ah

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 29, 2015, 10:02:39 AMSo back to this arrangement, wouldn't it be weirder to leave out the staccato on that one note than keep the consistency? That note in measure 30 should be played with the same style and length as the first note of the bar, or the following note.
I say leave it.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot