Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Underground Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: skiaak

skiaak

As a reference.

NOT READY
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Sebastian

Hey! Great Job!

A few things:
- The whole bass line needs to be an octave lower according to the original.
- You need to have a half note for your BPM instead of a quarter note since it's in half time. The BPM is 97 (194).
- The formatting needs to be fixed (I recommend using a template after transferring it to finale)
- It could use some more articulation and maybe some slurs.
- You are missing 4 measures from the beginning and a measure between 25 & 29.
- Those high notes in the right hand are just a little bit off.
- I think squeezing it all onto 1 page makes it too small. 2 pages is fine.

Other than this stuff, you have an excellent sheet! So you don't have to go waste time fixing this stuff here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6jbers97q13ug5i/New%20Super%20Mario%20Bros.%20Wii%20-%20Underground%20Theme.xml?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqc7bi9m58c3wbl/New%20Super%20Mario%20Bros.%20Wii%20-%20Underground%20Theme.mus?dl=1

If you disgree with anything, please tell me.

skiaak

skiaak

skiaak

Oh, actually I noticed some things. I'm going to edit this one, may take a while.

skiaak

This was very minor because I agreed with a lot of the things you added, MLF. I especially loved how you helped me add the voice part. Thanks for that. Again, could you help me edit the MUS file provided? I hope stuff don't clash again. FInale Notepad seriously won't let me touch anything, I tried clicking on the notes and slurs and nothing happened.

Sebastian

Sebastian

skiaak

Uh...that is your old edited version. I took that version and made revisions. You can get the latest files from the OP. If you could also revise the latest version of the Castle, that eould be great. :)

Sebastian

Wait, I thought I did get the one from the OP. I'll check when I get on my computer.

Bespinben

Seeing multi-measure rests in piano solo sheet music is rather unusual; this notation is normally reserved for ensembles. It might be asking a bit much, but I'd like to see how you might go about creatively adapting the percussion lines as part of the arrangement.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on October 20, 2015, 02:42:03 AMSeeing multi-measure rests in piano solo sheet music is rather unusual; this notation is normally reserved for ensembles. It might be asking a bit much, but I'd like to see how you might go about creatively adapting the percussion lines as part of the arrangement.
for the first 4 measures?

JDMEK5

Quote from: Bespinben on October 20, 2015, 02:42:03 AMIt might be asking a bit much, but I'd like to see how you might go about creatively adapting the percussion lines as part of the arrangement.
ftfy

Personally I'd use different noteheads and text to throw in some kind of piano-pianobench-slapping-rhythmic-solo-thing. It's definitely doable. I'd take a crack at it myself right here and now if I wasn't stuck on a uni computer that is Finale-less.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26