News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The NSM SSB4 CPU Tournament I!

Started by AwesomeYears, September 15, 2015, 05:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeYears

Do you have no time to go to Apexs or Evos?
Do you have Australian WiFi?
Do you suck (or never played) Smash because M2K is your only friend?

Well I have a solution for you, and it's the [title]!!!

So what am I talking about? Well, the aim of the game is that each participant chooses two characters from SSB4 and makes them Level 9 CPUs. Then, we mix the characters into a tournament styled brackets and as it progresses, characters get knocked out until one remains victorious!

Rules;
1.) Each participant must choose two characters, and they must not already be picked. I want to make a CPU tier list and I want to get enough data for each character to get something accurate. You can choose one character and wait until later to pick another one, but you better be quick, someone gonna grab that Captain Falcon!

2.) There will be two pools, one for each character you chose. This makes sure that your characters won't get matched up with each other and beat each other up, just to be fair. The winner from the two pools will battle in the grand final!

3.) Each match will be one stock, three minutes, best of three and the grand finals will be best of five. I really don't want to set the stock to only one, but it's my only choice as I will be sending the matches to Youtube, and three minute limit hurts my soul. Each match will be posted in the reply below this with spoiler tags to hide any, err, spoilers.

4.) Stages will be all the usual tournament stages which are picked randomly. You know, Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Dreamland 64, the usual hoo hah.

I'm pretty sure that's all the rules (at least the ones I can think of) and have fun! Even if you don't know anything about Super Smash Brothers, please join! The more participants, the better!

P.S. The prize will be me doing any request of any song you wish you'd see as sheet music!

Any to you mods; Is it alright that if I make another one of these, can I make a separate thread of it? Cheers.

AwesomeYears

Current bracket:

AwesomeYears

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

R.O.B. and Mega Man (sorry, Blue). Also, are DLC characters allowed?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

so if the goal is to pick computers that win...
I choose Marth and Luigi screw them I can't beat em
unmotivated

AwesomeYears

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

AwesomeYears

Added some little info plus a list of characters that are/aren't chosen.

BlackDragonSlayer

Just to be clear, I don't need to own the game/participate in any way other than picking characters?

If the answer to this is yes, then I pick Ike and Mewtwo!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Game & Watch and Pac-Man

What is this exactly? CPU showdown? Do we get footage?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi