News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Surf" (Replacement) by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, September 10, 2015, 08:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on October 11, 2015, 06:40:13 PMI really do think we should leave it the way it is. The piece sounds more bouncy and floaty with that layer in the RH; with it in the LH the song sounds heavier and emptier.
Yea, we talked about it too. I'm in favor of keeping them in the treble as well.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Altissimo

I'm up for whatever helps this replace the one on site!! But I am more fond of the right-hand arpeggios, personally.

Bespinben

Everything is all together musically. There's a few stray accidental spelling errors (like A naturals that should be Bbb) and some layer overlap you could tidy up with Special Tools. Get that done and you'll be Surfin Hoenn.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

So, do you think that the arpeggios are better in the right hand than the left?

(THe rest is an easy fix I'll get done later today.)

Bespinben

Quote from: Altissimo on October 20, 2015, 07:57:34 AMHow do these look?
MIDI / MUS / PDF
Muy bien (^o^)=b

Quote from: Bespinben on October 20, 2015, 05:29:56 AMThere's a few stray accidental spelling errors (like A naturals that should be Bbb)
Check m. 5 once more ;)

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Altissimo

I... was honestly hearing more A natural there than B-flat. Like a different note entirely. That's why I left that one the way it was - I didn't overlook it. Anyone got a musical explanation for B-double-flat over A-natural? Just curious.

TMP, thank you for the edit, though :D

Bespinben

Simple answer: There's already an Ab in the treble staff. Don't want an augmented 8th interval now do we?

Lovely music theory answer: Measure 5 is a variant of the iv6 -> I cadence --- a Gb minor chord (with the added 6th), would be spelled Gb Bbb Db (Eb). Think PMD2 "Bubbles Shining Over the Sea", which is an endless loop of this progression, or the arpeggio at the end of repeat on D/P Pokémon League (Day). The main feature of all these is that the 6th scale degree of the key is flattened.

Altissimo

Heh, the simple answer should have been enough for me to notice lol. Thanks for the explanation! I'll edit TMP's links into the OP immediately. Anything else to look at?

Latios212

I'm away from Finale for the time being, but someone re-enter the LH note in measure 20.

TMP or Ben or someone fix that and don't forget to provide a .musx as well! Then we'll be done!

edit: Discussed over Skype, and...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

I managed to completely... not notate the 2nd layer for most of m. 5 and somehow I missed this. Thoughts

Zeta