[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Troubled Realm" by NocturneOfShadow

Started by Zeta, September 07, 2015, 09:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on September 16, 2015, 12:56:26 PMI don't see why this is bothering you. I listened to the piece and they're definitely there; the strings play them pretty definitively. Unless you're referring to a couple of notes that you think should be there that aren't? It sounds like you have everything.
I'm pretty sure the notes I have there are wrong
unmotivated

Dudeman

They're not. I mean, there's an underlying string note beneath those measures, but the notes you have are correct.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

In 38, I think that the strings part (C+D) is too low. It seems like there's very little variation in that area in the song, but in your sheet it comes far lower. I might be mistaken, though.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

mikey

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on September 16, 2015, 01:35:44 PMIn 38, I think that the strings part (C+D) is too low. It seems like there's very little variation in that area in the song, but in your sheet it comes far lower. I might be mistaken, though.
you're probably right, but messing around with different progressions didn't get me any closer to it, I'm a little iffy on 36 37 and 38 in general
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Ok guys I slowed it down with Audiostretch and found out that the notes in measures 33 and 37 are F then Eb-D. Both times, Eb and D being the 16th notes.

Also you should probably check the left hand, while investigating the short 16th's I noticed that in measure 37, the left hand high notes are Bb and F (fifths) and not minor seconds. I also noticed that some chords you notated as thirds are actually sixths, so better go through the left hand to check if it's correct.   

And one more thing: Measures 5-8 and 41-44 are identical, but you have notated the left hand differently. Is there a reason for this? If not, make measures 41-44 as measure 5-8, with quarter notes instead of eight notes.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 16, 2015, 02:26:40 PMAnd one more thing: Measures 5-8 and 41-44 are identical, but you have notated the left hand differently. Is there a reason for this? If not, make measures 41-44 as measure 5-8, with quarter notes instead of eight notes.
Oh, when Latios was messing with my sheet he switched stuff and when I switched them back I must have missed them, that's all.  Fixing everything else
unmotivated

mikey

edited stuff, not sure where you were referring by the whole 3/6 thing, but fixed everything else
unmotivated

mikey

I feel like I could still make a few adjustments before this is accept-worthy, can anyone help me out with the left hand in 36+37?  And what Tobbeh was talking about with the 6ths?
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

I meant that there were certain chords which you had written as thirds (like F+A for example) but that actually were sixths (like A+F). Not sure which ones however, didn't analyze it so closely.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 18, 2015, 10:21:55 AMI meant that there were certain chords which you had written as thirds (like F+A for example) but that actually were sixths (like A+F). Not sure which ones however, didn't analyze it so closely.
bump
I'm not sure which ones either ^_^
unmotivated

mikey

shameless self bump
come on guys I feel like I'm pretty close here work with me
unmotivated

Bespinben

Your arrangement is musically sound! Let's fix a few accidentals, and I think you'll be set:

*M. 25 is based on a B minor chord, so the Gb should be F#, and the Cb should be B.
*M. 26 is based on a C major 7th chord, so the Cb should be B (especially considering how there's already a C natural in the bass)
*M. 31 -- The Gb in the treble staff functions as the added 9th of an E minor chord, so it should be spelled as F# (especially considering how there's already a G natural in the bass)
*M. 32 -- The Fb on beat 4 should be E natural. It's a descending chromatic line yes, but you don't need to use complex intervals like that in this context.
*M. 34 -- The Fbs should be E naturals, and the Ab's should be G#'s.
*M. 38 -- The Gb's should be spelled as F#'s (D7 chord, 1st inversion)
*M. 40 -- The Db should be spelled C# (A7 chord, 2nd inversion)

I did notice that the string melody in m. 33-40 actually has a harmony voice that goes with it, so if you would transcribe that in as well, that'd be great.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

Quote from: Bespinben on October 20, 2015, 03:15:42 AMYour arrangement is musically sound! Let's fix a few accidentals, and I think you'll be set:

*M. 25 is based on a B minor chord, so the Gb should be F#, and the Cb should be B.
*M. 26 is based on a C major 7th chord, so the Cb should be B (especially considering how there's already a C natural in the bass)
*M. 31 -- The Gb in the treble staff functions as the added 9th of an E minor chord, so it should be spelled as F# (especially considering how there's already a G natural in the bass)
*M. 32 -- The Fb on beat 4 should be E natural. It's a descending chromatic line yes, but you don't need to use complex intervals like that in this context.
*M. 34 -- The Fbs should be E naturals, and the Ab's should be G#'s.
*M. 38 -- The Gb's should be spelled as F#'s (D7 chord, 1st inversion)
*M. 40 -- The Db should be spelled C# (A7 chord, 2nd inversion)

I did notice that the string melody in m. 33-40 actually has a harmony voice that goes with it, so if you would transcribe that in as well, that'd be great.
I promise I'll fix all these as soon as my mom buys finale :DDDD
unmotivated

Bespinben

If you don't have Finale, how did you create this fine specimen?

Changing accidentals is certainly within Notepad's capabilities.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday