News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The NinSheetMusic Pedagogy

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, September 05, 2015, 08:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCKTR

I'm not a pianist, but I found "Fear of the Heavens" from Secret of Mana a great way to learn how to make arpeggio's in Reason. The way I see it, it could be a fun song for a piano player to learn arpeggio's? :)

(Ow, and every sheet I use is a great way for me to finally learn how to read notes  ;D )
"The military industial complex is a front for multinational corporations whose sole purpose is to conspire against MICHAEL JACKSON'S MONKEY!!!"

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'll add it. This thread could use a revival..
what is shitpost

LCKTR

I just signed up yesterday, so every thread is new to me  ;) If you need more resurrections, just let me know  ;D
"The military industial complex is a front for multinational corporations whose sole purpose is to conspire against MICHAEL JACKSON'S MONKEY!!!"

JDMEK5

Quote from: LCKTR on November 06, 2015, 11:13:35 AM(Ow, and every sheet I use is a great way for me to finally learn how to read notes  ;D )
This made me realize that virtually every piece on the site helps learn music in some way or another. I think a project like this is far from mandatory; but if you catalogue every sheet we have on the site; arrange said list by skills, title, etc; and print out the resulting book; let me know.

I also thought that it would be awesome if some members (not mods cuz they already have tons to do) put together like an NSM history book. It could include major events such as the termination of the old site, domain change, etc. Also, it could have names of some known arrangers of each time period. Maybe short little bio of accomplishments too. I feel like this would be an awesome thing for NSM to have.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

braix

I can help out with the NSM history book, if there's any help I'm able to lend to something like this
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Latios212

I know if I start it I'll end up dropping it by accident but I can help if someone else takes charge
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 01, 2015, 10:24:59 AMI also thought that it would be awesome if some members (not mods cuz they already have tons to do) put together like an NSM history book. It could include major events such as the termination of the old site, domain change, etc. Also, it could have names of some known arrangers of each time period. Maybe short little bio of accomplishments too. I feel like this would be an awesome thing for NSM to have.
I was planning to do this but as a soap opera
unmotivated

JDMEK5

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 01, 2015, 01:40:17 PMI was planning to do this but as a soap opera
XD No we would need to do this soon so we can interview those who have been around since the jurassic period. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 01, 2015, 10:24:59 AMThis made me realize that virtually every piece on the site helps learn music in some way or another. I think a project like this is far from mandatory; but if you catalogue every sheet we have on the site; arrange said list by skills, title, etc; and print out the resulting book; let me know.
I feel like this wouldn't be feasible for one book, seeing as we have thousands of arrangements on the site. Averaging them at 2 pages each (which is probably nowhere near the actual average) makes 2,000 pages; a monumental print.
Instead, I think we should do them by game series. Something like; "NSM Pedagogy; Pikmin Edition" or something like that.
We should also probably have one "standard" book to compare all those to, with preferably 20-30 arrangements.
Then the Pikmin edition or pokemon edition or whatever can be books of only pokemon music.
Just some thoughts!~
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 01, 2015, 03:40:15 PMI feel like this wouldn't be feasible for one book, seeing as we have thousands of arrangements on the site. Averaging them at 2 pages each (which is probably nowhere near the actual average) makes 2,000 books; a monumental print.
Well yeah. I think you set your base standards way too high sometimes lol. What you suggested is plenty.

My Arrangements