News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SNES] Final Fantasy VI - "Cyan's Theme" by Yugikun

Started by Zeta, September 04, 2015, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Final Fantasy VI
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Cyan's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yugikun

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yugi

I found a arrangement from my SocialFox days that was actually salavagable, although I still need a little help on things, namely

1. A PDF and
2. A working repeat

so if anyone could fix those that would be gr8

Brawler4Ever

Done. However, to get the repeat to work, I had to use an xml conversion. So some things look slightly different (like some of the measures have moved a bit), but musically it's all the same.

Cyan's Theme.mid
Cyan's Theme.mus
Cyan's Theme.pdf

If there's anything else that needs to be done, feel free to ask!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Yugi

Tobbeh99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXDhfp9AcUo

-No copyright and URL.
-No measure numbers
-Measure 22: it's a C-major triad, make the Fb to En.
-I think your arrangement is missing some grace notes in measures 1-12, the flute part.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yugi

Edits have been made. For the triad thing I'm assuming that you were actually talking about bar 20 because the song's only 21 bars.

Tobbeh99

Nice!
But there are some small things left to be fixed:

Small errors:
Measure 19: You're missing a "ped" mark. You got a * but not ped.
Measure 20: You got a C major chord but you missed the first note, the Fb, it should be a En. :P

Some aesthetic adjustments: 
Copyright: move it down a bit.
Move the game title down a bit so it doesn't collide with the title.
Move the ff in measure 14 a bit to the left, colliding with notes.

Other:
Measures 1-5: You're using different note values for the grace notes. Is there a reason for this? If not make them the same note value for consistency.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Yugi

Changes have been made!

@tobbeh, not sure what you mean about different grace note values, but they're the same????

Tobbeh99

By grace notes I mean the small notes. Some of them are 8th notes and some are 16th notes.

The ones in measures: pick-up, 1, 2, 5 are 8th notes
And the ones in measures: 4, 6 are 16th notes.

While looking at the measures I noticed another error: you've counted the pick-up measure as measure 1. The correct way is to make the measure after the pick-up measure measure 1 and not the pick-up measure, so the pick-up measure doesn't count as a measure. 

10/10 tobbeh

Yugi

Bespinben

you asks nice so you can haz acceptions

There are just a few little aesthetic brush-ups that need to be made:
*Notice how much empty white-space there is at the the top of page 1? Move your header info upwards, and spread out your systems to cover more of the page. Make sure your systems are always spaced evenly as well -- the space between systems 4 & 5 are not equal to those preceding them.
*M. 10 & m. 12 -- The arpeggiation markings need to be exactly vertical. One way to fix this is instead of drawing them with the smartshape tool, use the articulation tool, which has a pre-built arpeggiation marking.
*M. 13-20 -- Make sure your markings always line-up horizontally with the other markings (unless you have to deviate), and make sure the "Leo" is placed exactly vertical under the first note, instead of to the left (unless you have to deviate). Right now, it's rather messy.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mastersuperfan

Also, the official title is "Cyan's Theme."
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Yugi

Changes made, although I'll need someone to do the first of Bespinben's changes for me, since Finale Notepad can't do anything to change header stuff.

Yugi

Yugi

Quote from: Yugi on October 16, 2015, 05:33:49 PMChanges made, although I'll need someone to do the first of Bespinben's changes for me, since Finale Notepad can't do anything to change header stuff.