Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Air Ride
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Legendary Air Ride Machine
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

FireArrow

Get rid of the octaves in measures 7-9 (they aren't really there) and add in the ascending lower voice (you'll have to move around octaves to make it playable.) Generally, I'm not a big fan of fluffing up an arrangement with octaves when there's other voices to work with.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

First of: Dynamics, they can really add color to this arrangement.

Secondly: measure 25-26, I'd put the string section here in the LH creating more movement instead of just octaves.

Thirdly: Maybe consider adding some pedal markings. One section I thought about was the carnival section. You can put small pedal notation on the low notes to make them more clear. See how I did in my Wild Arms arrangement "Marsh Where the Migrant Birds Gather".
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: FireArrow on September 02, 2015, 10:35:10 PMGet rid of the octaves in measures 7-9 (they aren't really there) and add in the ascending lower voice (you'll have to move around octaves to make it playable.) Generally, I'm not a big fan of fluffing up an arrangement with octaves when there's other voices to work with.
Aye. Made those changes.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 03, 2015, 06:26:49 AMFirst of: Dynamics, they can really add color to this arrangement.

Secondly: measure 25-26, I'd put the string section here in the LH creating more movement instead of just octaves.

Thirdly: Maybe consider adding some pedal markings. One section I thought about was the carnival section. You can put small pedal notation on the low notes to make them more clear. See how I did in my Wild Arms arrangement "Marsh Where the Migrant Birds Gather".
I implemented your first and third points but I have other thoughts considering your second. My arranging goal is almost always to keep the original feel of a piece and while I would add in the strings, I feel like adding them at expense to the octave bass would change that feel. From an "everyday listener" perspective, I feel the octaves more valuable than the string run.

My Arrangements

FireArrow

Suggestions part 2!

Measure 7-10: I meant in the R.H., but your way works too if you like it more.
Measure 12: Those 3 repeated C's in the lower voice actually go C->A->C
Measure 12-14: Starting from the high C there's two voices playing in octaves.
Measure 14-17: I disagree with your choices on voicing here, especially the omission of motion in measure 15.
Measure 18: Add some grace notes to the first F
Measure 19-22: You may as well try to incorporate the flute so the right hand can be as difficult as the left. :3
Measure 23-24: I like the idea of adding the bells.

Changes I made for reference, take what you want from it.

JDMEK5

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 7-10: I meant in the R.H., but your way works too if you like it more.
It just worked perfectly this way cuz the octaves are gone and I have the french horn in its original register.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 12: Those 3 repeated C's in the lower voice actually go C->A->C
Ah thanks. Fixed.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 12-14: Starting from the high C there's two voices playing in octaves.
I originally used single notes as an instrument profile thing but sure, it works better with the octaves.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 14-17: I disagree with your choices on voicing here, especially the omission of motion in measure 15.
Yep, that's better. Thanks.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 18: Add some grace notes to the first F
Aye.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 19-22: You may as well try to incorporate the flute so the right hand can be as difficult as the left. :3
But then nobody will be able to play it. :P Jk I'll add some in.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMMeasure 23-24: I like the idea of adding the bells.
Originally I thought for some reason there would be a conflict with octaves but I guess not so yeah, in they go.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 03, 2015, 06:01:41 PMChanges I made for reference, take what you want from it.
Thanks a lot for this.^

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

FireArrow

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 04, 2015, 08:28:51 AMIt just worked perfectly this way cuz the octaves are gone and I have the french horn in its original register.

For reference, I meant there's no octaves in the right hand. But yeah, I don't see anything wrong with the way it is now.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot