News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "World 1: Grass Land" by skiaak

Started by Zeta, August 30, 2015, 12:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 30, 2015, 05:02:38 PM3) Swing eighth would look better; it would take out all of the triplets. Once you put in swing, you would be able to write those triplets as eighths and it would still sound the same. Once you get the updated .mus, I can show you what I mean.
I'm thinking about making a separate version of your song (as a proof-of-concept), this one with swing. TMP is correct; getting rid of all of the triplets would be ideal. I'll hopefully have it done by tonight, and if not, then tomorrow.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

skiaak

Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Brawler4Ever

My attempts at swing notation ended horribly. TMP, if you want, the job is yours. :P

I updated the mus a bit, all formatting stuff (which I did not do last time). It seems like the size of the sheet is smaller for some reason. Size 12 font is tiny. So I took the liberty of creating another version with each text area 2 sizes larger than required in the WSYSLL Thread (12 becomes 16, 24 becomes 28).

mus
midi
pdf

Probably a bad idea, but whatever. If the standard font size would be preferred by the updaters, I can do that as well. It just looks irregularly small to me. :)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

skiaak

If the updaters want a larger size, then I will replace the files you have below. But currently, I thought that the NSMBU Overworld text was even smaller, but no one voiced that it was too small, Maelstrom said it was fine. But yes, I do think it's a bit small. Yeah, I will just replace it.

Tobbeh99

Swing notation is actually an excellent idea for this song. Since Brawler seemed to fail with converting it, I decided to convert it myself.

Here is the file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/World%201.zip

I think the sheet should be fine, but it's good to double-check if there is any errors: wrong notes, articulations etc. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

skiaak

Could you convert the MUS to an XML file so I could edit it? I double checked it and wanted to chabge some things.

Also, thanks so much for the swing notation! It looks great! :)

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Sorry for the slowness of the submissions, guys. I've never seen it this slow.....:/
Anyway, I'm gonna be looking over a lot of songs.....to save the Updaters time. And I'm starting with this one when I get on my computer :)

skiaak

Hey, it might be slow but not for some people. Like K-NIGHT submission sent on September 2nd got accepted the same day.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Slow submissions = bad
Slow Pokemon = good
;)

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 04, 2015, 09:45:57 AMslow.....
Quote from: skiaak on September 04, 2015, 11:32:30 AMslow
Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 04, 2015, 12:45:43 PMslow :|

In the last 18 days, we have had THREE updates -- performance submissions, regular submissions, and the completion of a MASSIVE 2-year old arrangement project.

Cut me (us) some slack, please.

And thank you skiaak for understanding
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Sebastian

Anyway, here is my edited version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ze4sqadxr1ekgf/New%20Super%20Mario%20Bros.%20Wii%20-%20Grassland.mus?dl=0

What I did:
- Fixed some accidentals. Remember that when you're descending to use flats and ascending to use sharps (Most of the time this rule applys, but there are exceptions).
- I totally reconstructed the left hand to make it more player friendly. In a nutshell, I put the bass note an octave lower so the right hand wouldn't clash with the upbeat. I also took out that part that goes up every once in a while because it's too hard to play, keep the bass, and upbeat.
- Last but not least, I fixed the formatting.

Please tell me if there is anything you disagree with. =)

skiaak