Title: World 1: Grass Land
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: skiaak

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

skiaak

STILL IN UPDATE MODE

For reference only.
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Tobbeh99

You have come some way with this arrangement. The things that first of all needs to be done are:

1) The high guitar melody.
2) The marimba arpeggios in measures 12 & 14.
3) Formatting stuff.

There might be more to do but that's a good start.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

skiaak

Yes, I have the acoustic guitar melody on measures 9 thru 10 and 15 thru 18. The other measures of the right hand were the accordion. I feared that adding the acoustic guitar melody thru those measures would make it too hard to play, but I can add them. Also, the left hand was playing the marimba part in measures 12 & 14, combined with the bass guitar stuff.

As for the formatting, I'm bad at that sort of stuff, but could you explain to me some examples that could use better formatting?

Tobbeh99

I suggest adding the guitar melody since it is very important being the main theme of the song. Then afterwards we can take a look at how to adjust the arrangement to make it both playable but also keeping the voices in by moving around certain notes, maybe play the accordion chords by the left hand since the accordion often plays on the beat the bass doesn't.

The marimba does, if I hear right, play straight 8ths (triplets) rather than quarter+8th, I thought it might add some variety having it in the LH rather than the bass in those measures.

Formatting: hmm, actually it looks quite good on the PDF. I just looked quickly at the MUS. It seems like the MUS got pno.s left but the pdf doesn't. But the PDF's metronome mark look a bit weird, having huge number but tiny note, in comparison to the MUS.
Those problems can easily be solved by a member with a high finale product, which there are plenty here who has.

Here some stuff you can do however:
1) Make composers on 2 rows like:
Composed by A,
B & C
this way it looks better since there are so many composers.
2) You got the copyright slightly wrong, it should be like this: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/, with capital letters and a / at the end.

Also one formatting issue is the Measures per system. Now you got 4,5,4,5 which to me looks a bit odd and the notes looks a bit clustered. I'm not the best at this and you might want to wait for some updater voice their opinion on this, but I think it should be something like 2,4,4,4 making it more even and well-spaced.

One more thing I noticed:
I'm quite sure this arrangement should be written with swing 8th instead of a lot of triplets.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

skiaak

Okay, I will add the guitar melody. Okay, I will see about moving the accordion to the left hand.

About the formatting, I just asked MLF to help me convert to MUS, I have no readability of it. If you're wondering why...
Spoiler
I don't own the computer I use. Thus, I have portable apps on my drive though. Since Musescore is on the platform, I can only use Musescore, which does not support MUS files, but does support XMLs.
[close]
1) Nice composer idea!
2) I have no idea what you mean by measures per system, sorry.
3) Wouldn't swing eighth look a bit weird?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: skiaak on August 30, 2015, 03:30:25 PM2) I have no idea what you mean by measures per system, sorry.
3) Wouldn't swing eighth look a bit weird?

2) System is the fancy musical term for row. So whatever numbers he said, put that many measures per row.
3) Swing eighth would look better; it would take out all of the triplets. Once you put in swing, you would be able to write those triplets as eighths and it would still sound the same. Once you get the updated .mus, I can show you what I mean.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Altissimo

Any reason for this being in B-flat major? At a glance I'm pretty sure it's C major.

LifeMushroom

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's C major.

Also, the melody isn't there.

One more thing. I'm not sure about the title. There isn't really a name for this world. I think the title should just be "World 1"

skiaak

Yeah, I will change it to C Major. Also, on the Youtube Soundtrack, the title was World 1 - Grass Land.

Sebastian

LifeMushroom

Quote from: skiaak on August 30, 2015, 05:34:32 PMYeah, I will change it to C Major. Also, on the Youtube Soundtrack, the title was World 1 - Grass Land.
That's what those people think. There's no world name for the worlds. There are for NSMBU though.

skiaak

Edited song title. I'm sorry that I will have slower updates, with school starting, updates may be a week apart. Sorry. :(