[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - "Mercay Island" (Replacement) by Zunawe

Started by Zeta, August 30, 2015, 12:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Mercay Island
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zunawe

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bloop

Some enharmonic spelling errors I could point out:

m. 6-7, RH: Change the Db-C-Db to C#-B#-C# (maybe at a courtesy accidental on the other B in m. 5)
m. 12 and 16, LH: Change the A# to a Bb

Also, is there a reason why you left out those extra A's in the LH in m. 11 and 15?

Zunawe

Changed spellings.

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2015, 02:36:24 PM(maybe at a courtesy accidental on the other B in m. 5)
Do you mean measure 7?

Quote from: Bloop on August 30, 2015, 02:36:24 PMAlso, is there a reason why you left out those extra A's in the LH in m. 11 and 15?
Misread the note. Fixed in measure 15 too.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bloop

Zunawe

I program things

Latios212

Can we downsize everything to 90%ish and make 4-measure systems to fit everything nicely on one page?

Also I prefer those dotted quarters as tenuto quarter + eighth rest to indicate the small pause before the sixteenth notes, but that's just me idk what do you think?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Took a listen at the original just now and the left hand isn't right at quite some places. Lemme point those out:

m. 4: F# (F# A) should be G (D F#)
m. 5: A's should be C's
m. 12 + 16: A#'s should be B's
m. 17: A's should be a Bb's
m. 18: D's should be C's

EDIT: Also, RH:
m. 4 + 8: First B should be a F#
m. 5: The low D here overlaps the D in the LH
m. 6: Recently fixed B# is actually a B
m. 7: G should be an E (note the overlapping notes in the LH btw)
m. 13: B's should be G's ((new) overlapping notes in the LH again)

Zunawe

Updated.

I think I may have put this in my finished folder before I was done checking it. Apologies.

I program things

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zunawe

Whoops. Tunnel vision.

Five measures on the first line is too scrunched, so I put measure 5 on the second line.

I program things

Bloop

Quote from: Bloop on August 31, 2015, 07:48:44 AMm. 4: F# (F# A) should be G (D F#) look at the second bass note
m. 17: A's should be a Bb's (also, those C's should be D's)

EDIT: Also, RH:
m. 4 + 8: First B should be a F#

Zunawe

My internet isn't allowing me to upload right now. I'll get that changed again as soon as I can.

I program things

Zunawe

I program things

Latios212

You can make them all 4 since you have 5 in the second system and 3 in the last.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle