News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

How Long for Submission Acceptance?

Started by kevronicoal, August 30, 2015, 03:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevronicoal

Hello!

This is not super related to "Help!," but I can't seem to find a better category to place this question. Also, with my lack of skill at searching through the forums, I couldn't seem to find the answer hiding anywhere in the site.

Anyways, I've submitted two sheets a few days ago, but they are still not yet accepted. How long does it typically take to have a submission accepted? Am I probably being too impatient? If there were any issues with the submissions, would I be notified?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a pointless question :)

AwesomeYears

Normally from 1 week to 1 month, depending on how fast you fix your sheets, how many mistakes your sheet has or how long does the updates take to arrive at your submission.

Tobbeh99

Also most people use to write a comment like "bump" to bump it back to the top of the page if the sheet has dropped down on the list too far. Maybe after a week or two, to get some attention to their sheet.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bloop

I had an arrangement waiting to be accepted since April, but there are arrangements accepted within a few days. It really just depends on what AwesomeYears said

JDMEK5

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 30, 2015, 04:00:47 AMAlso most people use to write a comment like "bump" to bump it back to the top of the page if the sheet has dropped down on the list too far. Maybe after a week or two, to get some attention to their sheet.
I personally wouldn't recommend bumping for at least 2 weeks cuz often that's about how long it takes to fix a sheet to accepted status. That way not everyone's bumping all the time and it goes better with the flow of things.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

Everything's a little hectic in updater-land right now because of school starting up and a couple of projects nearing completion. So bear with us and hopefully we'll plow through them in another week or two!

In the meantime, you can always arrange more stuff!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

kevronicoal

Alright, makes sense - thanks guys!

And would there be any notification/note as to what mistakes there might be? My only guess for mistakes that I could have on mine is in the copyright portion, where I couldn't figure out how to add the site url with it. Would that probably stop the arrangement from being accepted completely?

Thanks again!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Well there's usually a lot of things that more experienced arrangers will see that you won't ;)
Formatting usually isn't a deal breaker, and often times updaters take it upon themselves to fix up a sheet out of the kindness of their heart- make sure to thank them when that happens!
what is shitpost

JDMEK5

^It's cuz formatting is so easy to fix. It's usually a waste of time for the submitter to fix it themselves if that's the only thing lacking.

Missing the site URL on your sheet will keep it from getting accepted, but like I said, it's such a small thing that it'll be fixed lickety-split. So don't worry too much about that.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

mikey

unmotivated

Echo

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 30, 2015, 08:22:50 PM^It's cuz formatting is impossible to fix.

Fix'd for plebian Notepad users.

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: Echo on August 30, 2015, 09:02:48 PMFix'd for plebian Notepad users.
haha you spelled plebeian wrong, pleb
unmotivated

holland_oates89

We're allowed to bump?! I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't ok to do that?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw JDMEK5's post.
I work for MakeMusic! Please do ask me for help with Finale! Please don't ask me for special discounts, secret information, or bug fixes.

Disclaimer: The views expressed from me are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer!