News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Welcome to the World of Pokémon! (Update, Saturday 29th of August 2015)

Started by Latios212, August 29, 2015, 06:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Hello there! You may have noticed a couple of Pokémon replacement sheets recently being uploaded to the site.

Well, now we've finished fixing up sheets for the entire soundtrack for the first generation of Pokémon games! You can now enjoy over 50 new/updated sheets, one for every track from Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow Versions, all arranged for solo piano. Every arrangement has been polished to perfection, so enjoy the nostalgia!

(Also, this update brings us over 2500 sheets! Yay!)

[GB] Pokémon Red Version & Pokémon Blue Version
"Opening Movie (Red/Blue Version)" by dahans; fixed by Bespinben, JDMEK5, and Latios212
"Title Screen" re-arranged by Latios212, JDMEK5, and Bespinben
"Pallet Town Theme" re-arranged by Brawler4Ever and Latios212
"Professor Oak" arranged by Latios212
"Professor Oak's Laboratory" by dahans; fixed by Zunawe and Latios212
"A Rival Appears" arranged by Bespinben
"Road to Viridian City: Leaving Pallet Town" re-arranged by Echo
"Battle! (Wild Pokémon)" re-arranged by JDMEK5
"Victory! (Wild Pokémon)" arranged by Tobbeh99
"Pewter City Theme" by Thomas Wilson; fixed by Tobbeh99
"Pokémon Center" by Rubinho; fixed by Tobbeh99 and Don Valentino
"Pokémon Healed" arranged by Pianist Da Sootopolis
"Viridian Forest" by Tangy; fixed by Zunawe and Olimar12345
"Guide" by Thomas Wilson; fixed by Zunawe
"A Trainer Appears (Girl Version)" arranged by Don Valentino
"Battle! (Trainer Battle)" by Bespinben; fixed by Zunawe and JDMEK5
"Victory! (Trainer Battle)" arranged by Tobbeh99
"Caves of Mt. Moon" by QWERTYkid911; fixed by Zunawe
"Road to Cerulean City: Leaving Mt. Moon" re-arranged by Don Valentino
"Fuchsia City Theme" by FierceDeity; fixed by Olimar12345
"Pokémon Gym" re-arranged by FierceDeity and JDMEK5
"Road to Bill's House: Leaving Cerulean City" re-arranged by Don Valentino
"Jigglypuff's Song" re-arranged by Tobbeh99
"Vermilion City Theme" re-arranged by Tobbeh99
"The S.S. Anne" by dahans; fixed by Bespinben and Latios212
"Road to Fuchsia City: Leaving Lavender Town" re-arranged by Don Valentino
"The Poké Flute" arranged by Latios212
"A Trainer Appears (Boy Version)" arranged by Don Valentino
"Battle! (Gym Leader Battle)" by Bespinben; fixed by Zunawe
"Victory! (Gym Leader Battle)" arranged by Tobbeh99
"Cycling" by Echo; fixed by Latios212 and Don Valentino
"Lavender Town Theme" by Bespinben; fixed by JDMEK5 and Bespinben
"Pokémon Tower" by Tangy; fixed by Onionleaf
"Celadon City Theme" by Myron J; fixed by Bespinben
"Rocket Game Corner" by Thomas Wilson; fixed by JDMEK5
"A Trainer Appears (Bad Guy Version)" arranged by Don Valentino
"Rocket Hideout" by Thomas Wilson; fixed by JDMEK5
"Silph Co." by Commander6; fixed by Olimar12345
"The Sea" re-arranged by Zunawe
"Cinnabar Island Theme" re-arranged by JDMEK5
"Pokémon Mansion" arranged by Latios212
"Evolution" by GreekGeek; fixed by JDMEK5
"The Final Road" re-arranged by Don Valentino
"Final Battle! (Rival)" by Treeckodude; fixed by JDMEK5
"Hall of Fame" re-arranged by JDMEK5
"Ending Theme" re-arranged by JDMEK5
"Fanfares Collection" arranged by mariolegofan and Latios212

[GB] Pokémon Yellow Version
"Opening Movie (Yellow Version)" by Thomas Wilson; fixed by Latios212
"Jessie & James Appear" arranged by Olimar12345
"Pikachu's Beach" arranged by Don Valentino
"Printer Error" by Tangy; fixed by JDMEK5
"Unused Track" arranged by Tobbeh99

A final message from your project leader, JDMEK5:

"When Olimar12345 appointed me to start this project, it was originally supposed to only be a project to fix the sheets we had on the site. But as time went by, Latios212 came along bringing some new inspiration, drive, and progress to the project. It was he who suggested going the extra mile and upgrading this into the full OST project you see before you. So with arrangers going and working hard on new arrangements for missing tracks, we soon had them all. I believe this is a new record for the longest time spent on a completed project to date, as this has been in the works for over 2 years! Thanks to the arrangers and mods for their hard work, dedication, and continued interest and support. And thanks to all you loyal video game pianists who support us and appreciate what we do. Gotta catch 'em all!" ~JDMEK5
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

TheMarioPianist

Wow, that's like, a lotta sheets, and a long time to come up with said lotta sheets. Great work, guys. Looks great!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AwesomeYears

I love it how I decided to revive the project but only managed to do one sheet :P

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bespinben

dis update be pretty swoll yo

Seriously though, I don't know of any other community on the internet that produces the kind of things we do here. Sure, there are MIDIs galore and a few select sheets by independent artists, but I can feel proud that we bring the internet a such a concerted and conjoint effort to have ALL the music from this legendary game gathered into one place.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on August 29, 2015, 09:35:01 PMdis update be pretty swoll yo

Seriously though, I don't know of any other community on the internet that produces the kind of things we do here. Sure, there are MIDIs galore and a few select sheets by independent artists, but I can feel proud that we bring the internet a such a concerted and conjoint effort to have ALL the music from this legendary game gathered into one place.

Yes, absolutely. I just love how good this place is. I mean, I played music from this site 5 years ago, not knowing that there was a forum side until about 2 months ago (when I joined).... And the selection continues to grow. It's just incredible.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ZeldaFan

This site is seriously awesome. I joined back in 2007(?) and this collection has probably grown by 1000+ sheets since then. That's AMAZING. And what makes it even more amazing is that everyone here is doing this for free... for the sheer enjoyment of arranging and putting out content that people will enjoy. Keep up the good work :D

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

itsatrap327

Hi.
I've been using Ninsheetmusic for quite a while now but I'm very new to the forums so excuse me for any faux pas I may make.
So, I was wondering if there was any way to access previous versions of pieces that were replaced. For example, the new "Jigglypuff" sheet music is a note for note reproduction of the original GameBoy song, but the old sheet music was more like "Varaiations on Jigglypuff's Song" with it going through many key and time signatures and so on. And sometimes the older versions may be better for personal reasons as well, whether it be because it's easier, it was first or "just because".
Not trying to start a turf war or anything, but an option to cycle through previous versions might be nice, again, just a suggestion.
-Thanks

Latios212

Don't worry, that's a perfectly legitimate question! Here's my answer:

The vast majority of our replacements occur because the sheets on site are badly formatted, inaccurate, or both. In most cases there is nothing to gain from the old files (unless you like cringing) as the new sheet looks better and sounds better. (As for playability, it's easier to simplify a complex but correct sheet than to correct a simple but inaccurate sheet. Trust me.)

That said, the old sheet of "Jigglypuff's Song" is a weird anomaly from the past. The main site of NinSheetMusic exists to provide arrangements that are as close to the original as possible, and this sheet seems to have been uploaded before that was decided. It actually is quite interesting, though. Here are the files:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
If variations are your thing, start browsing the forums more. You'll find cool stuff that's nowhere to be found on the main site :D

But I wouldn't suggest trying to rescue old sheets from the main site most of the time.
Quote from: DonValentino on July 05, 2015, 01:22:47 PMBetter leave them in oblivion...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Boost the Cat

Wow! Nice!  ::) I'll make sure to try some of these out! (Well, I will once my printer gets fixed.  :P )
Expecting a signature?
Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Latios212

Perfect timing!

Quote from: Latios212 on August 29, 2015, 06:10:44 PM[GB] Pokémon Yellow Version
"Printer Error" by Tangy; fixed by JDMEK5

Quote from: Bespinben on August 29, 2015, 09:35:01 PMdis update be pretty swoll yo

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 29, 2015, 10:30:19 PMYes, absolutely. I just love how good this place is. I mean, I played music from this site 5 years ago, not knowing that there was a forum side until about 2 months ago (when I joined).... And the selection continues to grow. It's just incredible.
<3

Spoiler
[close]
turtle