News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[WiiU] New Super Mario Bros. U - "Overworld Theme" by skiaak

Started by Zeta, August 27, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros. U
Console: Wii U
Title: Overworld Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: skiaak

[attachment deleted by admin]

skiaak

READY FOR THE UPDATERS!!!

This is for reference only.

Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Sebastian

I am currently fixing it up for you.....hang tight!

skiaak

ThatGamer

Lol are you joking?

Sorry if that sounded rude, he's just editing it for you and making some minor changes! Well done btw!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

skiaak

I reuploaded the PDF file, as I actually uploaded the MID as the PDF file. Anyway, now you can download the sheet music. Also enjoy!

Sebastian

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 27, 2015, 01:53:10 PMLol are you joking?

Sorry if that sounded rude, he's just editing it for you and making some minor changes! Well done btw!
You don't have to post in every topic, Thatgamer.

Sebastian

Anyway, here is the .mus with a few tweaks.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ez6rr6jd8ooni0y/New%20Super%20Mario%20Bros.%20U%20-%20Overworld%20Theme.mus?dl=0

What I did:
-Added a few notes here and there. I also filled in most of the chords.
-Fixed up some accidentals.
-Changed the layout a little bit to make it cleaner.
-Fixed a lot of the note beaming
-And more!

Tell me what you think and if you need a PDF or Midi :)

skiaak

I can't view it, as I don't have Finale. It would be appreciated if you could make it a MIDI or PDF, even better MSCZ.

skiaak

Dang. Even the MIDI file here us corrupt. Now you can download it. :)

Olimar12345

Ninja'd thrice.

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 27, 2015, 02:22:10 PMYou don't have to post in every topic, Thatgamer.

A bit blunt, but he does have a good point, ThatGamer. Remember what we said about not posting so often.

Also, MLF, don't just go into these topics and say "I'm going to fix this for you" and say nothing else. Perhaps give feedback, or tell them what they can do to fix it? If you just fix everything, they'll never know what was wrong.

If anything, you might want to ask before you edit if it's OK to edit the file. I know even I am, to an extent, picky about who edits my files.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

[Some unnecessary and angry bullshit deleted from here]

Some notes to the OP about the arrangements: First off, here is a .mscz file of it.
Second, despite my nagging in this post, the changes MLF made are, indeed, mostly correct. Well, as far as accidentals and beaming go, anyway. I'll try to explain his changes:
-There's a lot of chromatic movement in this piece. An example is the end of measure 3, and beat 2 of measure 4. Just quick passages where a note moves chromatically to another note. In general, with chromatic passages like these, the best way to notate it is to have descending passages marked by flats, and ascending pages marked with sharps. For instance, MLF changed your chromatic line in m. 7 to be A-Ab-G, instead of the A-G#-Gnat that you had notated. This is a correct change. You kind of want your accidentals to be following in the direction of motion.
-In general (though there are definitely exceptions), the type of accidental used should line up with other accidentals. For instance, in measure 6, you have an Eb and C represented in the right hand against a G# in the left hand. This doesn't really line up with what the chord sounds like, first of all (it's a major chord, albeit not one as often seen in the key of C; by contrast, C-Eb-G# is like some kind of augmented fifth chord that doesn't really "exist"), and second of all, on beat 3, it resolves to a G-major chord. There aren't as many times that you'll see a chord with G# in it "resolving" to something with G-nat as you will here (not without it being like a diminished chord, anyway, which this isn't; it's major -> major) On the other hand, Ab over G# creates the chord Ab-C-Eb, which is a clear-cut major chord, and all three of those notes resolve perfectly and in the same way to the G-B-D triad that follows on beat 3.
-Finally, beaming: In almost any type of music, when it comes to beaming, your goal is to have every single beat (in this case, since it's in 4/4, that's 4 beats) have its start and end clearly defined. Even if it means you have to tie some stuff in a weird way (as MLF did), it's easier to play if you can see where the note crosses into a new beat. I can't really illustrate this very well, but if you compare what you did to the MLF arrangement, I think you'll see that every measure has 4 distinct beats that sometimes have ties connecting them.

LifeMushroom

The formatting looks kinda weird, but I like the song.

Sebastian

Sorry guys. I was in a hurry.....you don't have to worry about me again though.

And there is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Latios212

Quote from: Altissimo on August 27, 2015, 03:13:37 PM...
Whoa there. Olimar already stated it clearly and concisely; there's no need to slam MLF with a text wall like that. He's only trying to help! He gets the point. No need to word everything so harshly; practice constructive criticism here around NSM. Everything could have been worded as a list of changes to MLF's modified file rather than paragraphs about what he did wrong.

Again, you're treating MLF like he's screwing up everything when he's trying his best to contribute. Show a little more kindness and respect.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle