News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Chemistry Help Topic

Started by mayastarr041, August 25, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayastarr041

XD
Thanks guys. GREATLY appreciate it. Know that none of this is going to waste!
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

blueflower999

Even if you totally forget all of this tomorrow morning I wouldn't care because I'm having so much fun XD
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Hero of Trains

Yeah, just explaining these things is really fun.
Also, Latios, you need to tell me about molecular geometry sometime, I haven't read much about it.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

I'm actually learning a lot too, this is all stuff I never learned...thanks people!  :D
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 25, 2015, 07:36:04 PMYeah, just explaining these things is really fun.
Also, Latios, you need to tell me about molecular geometry sometime, I haven't read much about it.

I'll have to get in on this discussion. Tomorrow though, I have to catch some zzz's...And Trains, I can talk about at least some of that molecular geometry; I had Honors Chem last year and we went over a lot of that. Latios probably has more knowledge than me, because we didn't learn all of it, but I know a good deal. Tomorrow, though.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Haha guys I'll see when I get home. But until then, I'll just be lurking 8)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 25, 2015, 07:45:58 PMI'll have to get in on this discussion. Tomorrow though, I have to catch some zzz's...And Trains, I can talk about at least some of that molecular geometry; I had Honors Chem last year and we went over a lot of that. Latios probably has more knowledge than me, because we didn't learn all of it, but I know a good deal. Tomorrow, though.

You should also be asking "the special" to work on the story...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Hero of Trains

That would be awesome, either of you! I've never taken a formal chemistry class, so I'd love to hear more!

And ThatGamer. Patience.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

I'm sorry Trains. I just get obsessed!  :)

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 25, 2015, 07:47:13 PMYou should also be asking "the special" to work on the story...

This is the last time I'm going to be polite. Please, don't rush the story here. I'm excited for it too. But it's going to sound a lot worse if you continue to rush me into new chapters every single day...I'm not Shakespeare here. Give me a break.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 25, 2015, 08:16:27 PMThis is the last time I'm going to be polite. Please, don't rush the story here. I'm excited for it too. But it's going to sound a lot worse if you continue to rush me into new chapters every single day...I'm not Shakespeare here. Give me a break.

I'm not rushing you, I'm rushing the special...

mikey

Quote from: Latios212 on August 25, 2015, 07:26:11 PMNot exactly a random way... don't get me started on orbitals and molecular geometry :3
but... the Heisenberg uncertainty principle... can't figure out exactly where they are... can only guess...  something something electron spins I don't remember the rest of it from 10th grade chem
unmotivated

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 25, 2015, 08:17:10 PMI'm not rushing you, I'm rushing Braixen...

Really. Again? Come on! I wouldn't ask someone to do what I asked her if they weren't gonna put their best effort into it. Relax. It will be done in a reasonable time period. How many stories on this site have put out a new chapter every day? How many stories are going to be as long and as eloquent as this one? How many stories have been written as a collaborative group effort to create the best tale told? How many stories have had art? (The only story to do something as creative as what we are doing is Maya's SMG one. That music idea was truly unique, Maya! I loved that!) You were the one who once told me I should publish this. At least give me the respect of an author on the precipice of publishing.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 25, 2015, 08:18:30 PMbut... the Heisenberg uncertainty principle... can't figure out exactly where they are... can only guess...  something something electron spins I don't remember the rest of it from 10th grade chem

It's not random. Can't remember the name, but there is an area around a nucleus in which the electron(s) has(ve) a 95% probability of being inside. I'll detail that later. The uncertainty principle states that you may know the location or the momentum of an electron, but you cannot know both simultaneously. I must get sleep! No more for today, folks!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 25, 2015, 08:18:30 PMbut... the Heisenberg uncertainty principle... can't figure out exactly where they are... can only guess...  something something electron spins I don't remember the rest of it from 10th grade chem

Don't you remember the chapter on quantum?

You've got your S orbitals, P orbitals, D orbitals, and F orbitals. While the heisenberg uncertainty principle states that you can't know the speed and location at the same time, there are places where an electron has the highest probability of being.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department