Series: Super Smash Bros.
Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Victory! (Star Fox)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LifeMushroom

[attachment deleted by admin]

LifeMushroom

Added a glissando on the G chord and accents on the last two eighth notes.

Does anyone think this should be an octave higher?

JDMEK5

You're going to have to name all the composers. "SSBB Team" is not gonna fly.

Quote from: LifeMushroom on August 29, 2015, 11:53:31 AMAdded a glissando on the G chord and accents on the last two eighth notes.

Does anyone think this should be an octave higher?
Yes an octave higher please.

And that's not a glissando what you put on. What you want is a trill but what you put on was a mordent. I suggest multiple voices. I'll demonstrate what I mean:
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

LifeMushroom

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 29, 2015, 11:59:16 AMYou're going to have to name all the composers. "SSBB Team" is not gonna fly.
There are way too many composers. I did that with my previous two Victory theme submissions, and everyone was fine with it.

Now it's an octave higher. I didn't really like the trill when I put it in so I left it out.

JDMEK5

Quote from: LifeMushroom on August 29, 2015, 12:06:27 PMThere are way too many composers. I did that with my previous two Victory theme submissions, and everyone was fine with it.
Oh really? Hm. Alrighty then. I guess that's a very fair point XD

Quote from: LifeMushroom on August 29, 2015, 12:06:27 PMNow it's an octave higher. I didn't really like the trill when I put it in so I left it out.
You mean you didn't like how the playback sounded? Cuz irl it'll sound infinitely better I guarantee you.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 29, 2015, 12:25:03 PMYou mean you didn't like how the playback sounded? Cuz irl it'll sound infinitely better I guarantee you.
^ Finale playback is notorious for this sort of thing
I usually save it as a midi and open it in WMP cause that often sounds a little better
unmotivated

skiaak

Try exporting to Musescore. The trills and stuff can playback now in 2.0.2, I believe.
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

JDMEK5

The point is, if it sounds good in real life, keep it. It doesn't really matter if it sounds crappy in Finale cuz that's not the end goal.

My Arrangements

Brawler4Ever

It sounds to me like the last B natural in the first measure should be a 16th note, followed by an A flat (another 16th note), instead of just the B natural 8th note.

Like this.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

LifeMushroom

LifeMushroom

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 29, 2015, 12:31:24 PMIt sounds to me like the last B natural in the first measure should be a 16th note, followed by an A flat (another 16th note), instead of just the B natural 8th note.
Yeah, just noticed that. I'll fix it! Bob the Builder All rights reserved.

Tobbeh99

This arrangement is really good but I have some suggestions for making it even better:

1) There is a second violin/viola voice that you're missing, might try add it.

2) The harp arpeggios in measure 2. I think those could add great value to the arrangement since you got a crescendo there too. Put them in the LH in a suitable octave.

3) measure 3: maybe add an octave to that G. It's a bit weird having chords just before and a crescendo, but then after ending on a single note. An octave feels more natural and adds some dynamic to the accent. An octave on the second, low G doesn't hurt either, but this time an octave above.

btw funny thing: "6 new replies while I was typing this post" (wtf?)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Quote from: LifeMushroom on August 29, 2015, 12:31:40 PMThe trill lasted too long. That's why I didn't like it.
Well then do something like this:

There's always a way.

My Arrangements

Tobbeh99

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 29, 2015, 12:37:07 PMWell then do something like this:

There's always a way.

Ahh y, I had that problem in one of my sheets Wild Arms - "Adlehyde Castle". My solution was to put a tr expression and the manually put curved line so that it looked the actual one, very tedious however.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh