News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl - "Victory! (Star Fox)" by LifeMushroom

Started by Zeta, August 24, 2015, 05:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeMushroom

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 29, 2015, 12:35:36 PMThis arrangement is really good but I have some suggestions for making it even better:

1) There is a second violin/viola voice that you're missing, might try add it.

2) The harp arpeggios in measure 2. I think those could add great value to the arrangement since you got a crescendo there too. Put them in the LH in a suitable octave.

3) measure 3: maybe add an octave to that G. It's a bit weird having chords just before and a crescendo, but then after ending on a single note. An octave feels more natural and adds some dynamic to the accent. An octave on the second, low G doesn't hurt either, but this time an octave above.

btw funny thing: "6 new replies while I was typing this post" (wtf?)
1) I'll try.
2) I dunno if I can, but I'll try. :P
3) I actually think the song sounds better on the low G. If you listen to the song, you can hear that the low G is very short, and accented, and feels like a closure.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on August 29, 2015, 12:37:07 PMWell then do something like this:

There's always a way.
Where do I get the squiggly thing?

skiaak

I agree. The low G definitely sounds like a good closure, but I dunno about the squiggly thing?
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

JDMEK5

The "squiggly thing" is a trill and you'll find it in the Smart Shape Palette. Of course, that depends. Which version of Finale are you on?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

LifeMushroom

JDMEK5

Use the tr. Tr is for trill and double click and drag to the right overtop of the note. You'll understand once you try it.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

LifeMushroom

skiaak

Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

Bespinben

As has been discussed before, this song is not G minor, nor G major, but in fact, G mixolydian.

(This post can be found in the Archives -- http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=3814.msg178422#msg178422)
Quote[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee:
"Fox's Victory":
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Hey, I'm gonna be super picky about your choice of key signature.

This is actually in G mixolydian mode! That is why it's really hard to tell. it's neither major nor minor. <: One clue is that it starts and ends in a g major chords, yet it sounds in a different mode. The seven is flat, which is why you see a lot of f natural when you would assume there would be an f sharp. Because this is in g mixolydian mode, this would preferably be written as if it was in c major. :P
Now the chord in the 2nd major may bring skepticism. The e flat chord in first inversion is a flat sixth chord (VIb) of the g major scale. It borrows from its supposedly minor counterpart. That chord is not really in the scale so it has nothing to do with the key signature. It just adds flavor to the music!

Feel free to argue against me fellow music theorist. haha

Now for the samus victory theme, it does indeed end in a picardy third. <: It is totally in d minor.

I apologize if I am sounding egotistical...I just never got to use my music theory knowledge outside the classroom. So yes, this is the cool stuff you learn when you go to music school!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

LifeMushroom

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Bespinben

Bespinben

I hate to be the king of nitpick but:

*Your copyright info is EXTREMELY close to the bottom page margin. It's generally a good idea to keep the distance of the top margin equal to that of the bottom margin.
*The "arranged by" info isn't right-aligned like it should be.
*The title seems to be skewed slightly to the right. Make sure you assign that text be centered.
*Check your font sizes. The composer info shouldn't be larger than the arranger info or the subtitle.