Series: Other
Game: Dark Souls
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: Zunawe

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zunawe

I'm not very experienced with duets, so any suggestions on where to switch the melody would be appreciated.

If my ears are right, this song actually requires an extended piano for a few notes. They're so low that it's difficult to tell what they are via Finale, but I think I managed decently, and I believe I brought a some of them up an octave.

And I didn't notate the arpeggios in the melody's octaves mostly because it's not completely clear if they're meant to be played on all of them or not, and the exaggeration of the clear ones seems to vary.

Dark Souls was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and then later for the PC under the name "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition". I'm not sure how games are categorized if they're for multiple platforms.

EDIT: One more thing, the tempo increases almost imperceptibly as the song goes on, starting at about 117 and ending at about 130. It's only really noticeable at the repeat, and I wasn't sure if "accel. poco a poco" would be a good description of that.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bespinben

Are you aware of Verdegrand's cover of this song?
(And yes, a Bosendorfer Imperial is required to get that extended bass range)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX81y_t405s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iVv6jD7PEs
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

It's great that you let both pianos play the melody interchangeably. But you might want to let one piano have the melody for a while before switching. Maybe let one piano play until the unison part for example. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

AwesomeYears

Games can be categorised as [MUL] but it doesn't really matter since it won't display on the main website. (Unless you have an OCD like me...)

Zunawe

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 24, 2015, 02:02:32 PMIt's great that you let both pianos play the melody interchangeably. But you might want to let one piano have the melody for a while before switching. Maybe let one piano play until the unison part for example. 
I was considering that. Rather than switching the melody at the repeat, switch it at the sections? Like having the first switch at 16. Though I'm not sure which part you're talking about with "unison".

Quote from: AwesomeYears on August 25, 2015, 04:18:24 AMGames can be categorised as [MUL] but it doesn't really matter since it won't display on the main website. (Unless you have an OCD like me...)
Oh yeah... It's been a while.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Zunawe on August 25, 2015, 01:51:00 PMI was considering that. Rather than switching the melody at the repeat, switch it at the sections? Like having the first switch at 16. Though I'm not sure which part you're talking about with "unison".
Oh yeah... It's been a while.

I was thinking about measure 33.
Unison is a musical interval. And it is the same note, so the unison to C is C. As octaves are the 8th note, so an octave from C is a C above or below. I said unison to specify that certain part.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Quote from: Bespinben on August 24, 2015, 01:48:39 PMAre you aware of Verdegrand's cover of this song?
(And yes, a Bosendorfer Imperial is required to get that extended bass range)
Spoiler
Somehow missed this post. I was not aware of this. It probably would have made this a bit easier.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 25, 2015, 02:01:02 PMI was thinking about measure 33.
Unison is a musical interval. And it is the same note, so the unison to C is C. As octaves are the 8th note, so an octave from C is a C above or below. I said unison to specify that certain part.
I understand unison. I just didn't see any particular section defined by it (and the section at measure 33 still doesn't really make sense as unison to me).

Swapping at measure 33 before any other measure feels disjointed to me. At that point I would wait until ~41.

I program things

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Zunawe on August 25, 2015, 02:08:41 PMI understand unison. I just didn't see any particular section defined by it (and the section at measure 33 still doesn't really make sense as unison to me).

As contrast to octaves, which are played almost throughout the entire song, but whatever.

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

I program things

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot