[NDS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Route 209 (Day)" (Replacement) by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, August 22, 2015, 07:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: FireArrow on September 07, 2015, 08:30:25 PMNah, I think that's about as far I can take you.
Yep, thank you for your help! Now, we play the waiting game for Ben, Olimar, or Don. (Since Latios waits for one of them to approve first.)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Bump. Bump-bump. Bump-badadabump-bump.

Bum-bum-bummmm, bump-bump-bump-ba-dum-ba-bump, bump-bump-ba-dum-ba-bump-bump-bump!

I tried.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

Things to fix:
-Your triplets in the LH at the beginning are stemmed down for some reason.
-Change the LH part at measure 35 to have the upper octave A as an eighth note, followed by the lower A as another eighth note, tied to a dotted half note to finish the measure off.
-Then, change the LH of measure 36 to begin with just the lower A as a dotted half note (tied from the previous measure) followed by a quarter note, the A an octave higher.
-Change the dotted quarter note in measure 39 (LH) to a quarter note and an eighth rest.
-Literally delete everything in the LH at measure 40. That measure is silent in the original .-.
-Make the last quarter note in measure 41 (LH) only an A. (remove the two upper voices)
-Change both of the chords in measure 42 (LH) to E's in the staff.
-In the next section, (starting at mm. 43) the bass voice is almost completely incorrect. You have like way more than is in the original. Below I have revised the entire pieces' left hand part. Please compare it to your version to fully understand what I am talking about.

[MUS] [PDF]

Other than that, it is a lovely and nostalgic arrangement, good work.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 21, 2015, 05:00:52 PMThings to fix:
-Your triplets in the LH at the beginning are stemmed down for some reason.
-Change the LH part at measure 35 to have the upper octave A as an eighth note, followed by the lower A as another eighth note, tied to a dotted half note to finish the measure off.
-Then, change the LH of measure 36 to begin with just the lower A as a dotted half note (tied from the previous measure) followed by a quarter note, the A an octave higher.
-Change the dotted quarter note in measure 39 (LH) to a quarter note and an eighth rest.
-Literally delete everything in the LH at measure 40. That measure is silent in the original .-.
-Make the last quarter note in measure 41 (LH) only an A. (remove the two upper voices)
-Change both of the chords in measure 42 (LH) to E's in the staff.
-In the next section, (starting at mm. 43) the bass voice is almost completely incorrect. You have like way more than is in the original. Below I have revised the entire pieces' left hand part. Please compare it to your version to fully understand what I am talking about.

[MUS] [PDF]

Other than that, it is a lovely and nostalgic arrangement, good work.

Lovely and nostalgic, I like! Ok, I think I covered all your stuff. Let me know if I missed anything. And yea, I agreed with all of it. Most of it was just some extra stuff I added to make the song fuller. That's just my style sometimes; to put in extra notes. Thanks for catching them!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Oronoco

This is such a cool arrangement. You chose a great Pokémon piece!

You might toss the middle C and D in Measure 3 into the right hand. It makes the left hand happier and sets up the right hand, too.

vvv My left hand really liked grabbing some of the RH notes in Measures 27 and 28. That's completely optional, though, so see what you think!

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Oronoco on September 30, 2015, 04:35:23 PMThis is such a cool arrangement. You chose a great Pokémon piece!

You might toss the middle C and D in Measure 3 into the right hand. It makes the left hand happier and sets up the right hand, too.

vvv My left hand really liked grabbing some of the RH notes in Measures 27 and 28. That's completely optional, though, so see what you think!

First point: Huh. I could've sworn that I moved those. If I had gotten it accepted that way, RIP left hands everywhere :D.

Second point: I agree with that too. Two 2 note chords are much better than 4 note ones. Thanks for catching those; will be updated momentarily! :D

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Zeta