News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[Wii] Wii Sports Resort - "Bowling Theme" by videogaminglegodude, LuigiKart & TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2015, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 11, 2015, 05:42:31 PMReally, the only one that I thought was out of wack was the one I already mentioned: Bespinben's DC al Fine taking it all the way to the beginning. After ending 2 it should go back to the forward repeat (I think measure 5 or 6, don't have the file open atm). Latios and I thought that after that second ending you had an exact copy, so there was no need to use those measures. If you could say which repeat is wrong, that would be helpful.

kinda hard to name of the top of my head, but jut try to play the mid and the you tube at the same time and see if they sound the same.
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on August 11, 2015, 06:01:27 PMkinda hard to name of the top of my head, but jut try to play the mid and the you tube at the same time and see if they sound the same.

Ok, I see what you're talking about. That's the problem I mentioned. Working on it.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

TheMarioPianist

Ok, the repeat issue should be fixed. I think the left hand as of right now is a pain still, but we'll let updaters make the call on that.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 12, 2015, 09:34:34 AMOk, the repeat issue should be fixed. I think the left hand as of right now is a pain still, but we'll let updaters make the call on that.

OK.

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

videogaminglegodude

OK, just realized, in the repeat, the program skips part 1.  also, when you play it on notepad, it goes in a continues loop.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on August 20, 2015, 12:15:53 PMOK, just realized, in the repeat, the program skips part 1.  also, when you play it on notepad, it goes in a continues loop.

Ok, what you said kind of confuses me, so let me try this. I'll type how the repeats are supposed to work, and you tell me what they are not doing. It is supposed to:
-Play measures 1-9
-Go back and play 6-7
-Go to measure 10 and play 10-11
-Go back and play 6-7

Measures 1-5 only get played one time (at the beginning). Also, don't trust how Notepad plays repeats. It has limited repeat functionality, and sometimes they don't play right. It plays fine for me. It's probably just Notepad.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 20, 2015, 12:52:38 PMOk, what you said kind of confuses me, so let me try this. I'll type how the repeats are supposed to work, and you tell me what they are not doing. It is supposed to:
-Play measures 1-9
-Go back and play 6-7
-Go back and play 6-7

Measures 1-5 only get played one time (at the beginning). Also, don't trust how Notepad plays repeats. It has limited repeat functionality, and sometimes they don't play right. It plays fine for me. It's probably just Notepad.

OK, measures 1-5 are only played once, OK.  but the same is said for 8 and 9, when  they should play an equal amount of times as the others.

TheMarioPianist

Whoops, my bad, missed a step. This should be what happens.

-Play measures 1-9
-Go back and play 6-7
-Go back and play 6-9
-Go back and play 6-7

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 20, 2015, 01:58:10 PMWhoops, my bad, missed a step. This should be what happens.

-Play measures 1-9
-Go back and play 6-7
-Go back and play 6-9
-Go back and play 6-7

YES!  did you fix it?

Bespinben

Instead of writing "Go to Measure 6", use the standard D.S. (Dal Segno) al Fine. Write the Segno at m. 6, and write a Fine marking on beat 3 of the last measure.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on August 20, 2015, 02:11:32 PMInstead of writing "Go to Measure 6", use the standard D.S. (Dal Segno) al Fine. Write the Segno at m. 6, and write a Fine marking on beat 3 of the last measure.

I'm trying to do that, but once it hits the D. S., it ignores the first ending. Is there a way to get it to play both endings while still abiding by the D. S.? Or is this one of those where we should ignore the Finale playback and just put a text box saying not to skip endings or something?

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player