[Wii] Wii Sports Resort - "Bowling Theme" by videogaminglegodude, LuigiKart & TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2015, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 20, 2015, 02:38:49 PMI'm trying to do that, but once it hits the D. S., it ignores the first ending. Is there a way to get it to play both endings while still abiding by the D. S.? Or is this one of those where we should ignore the Finale playback and just put a text box saying not to skip endings or something?

Yes there is a way. Right click on the square of the volta brackets number(1).
Then click edit ending.
At Edit Ending, edit the ending number to 1,3 instead of 1. After that do the same thing with the second bracket and change 2. into 2,4.

The way repeats work is by the numbers. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 20, 2015, 02:44:08 PMYes there is a way. Right click on the square of the volta brackets number(1).
Then click edit ending.
At Edit Ending, edit the ending number to 1,3 instead of 1. After that do the same thing with the second bracket and change 2. into 2,4.

The way repeats work is by the numbers.

Thanks, Tobbeh! I assume pianists will get the point with that. Finale indefinitely repeats (actually like 20 times or something like that) so eventually it will start only doing ending 2 again. But that isn't important. I think its fine. New files up shortly. Someone may want to look at the D. S. and the Fine; they look a little sloppy. Other than that, its good. Unless Bespinben would like to change the notes up again. Which he probably will. :D

Update: New files up!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bespinben

When something is "ignored" in a repeat, what you need to do is manually give the playback directions by inserting "Go to Measure #" and hiding the marking.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 20, 2015, 02:51:26 PMThanks, Tobbeh! I assume pianists will get the point with that. Finale indefinitely repeats (actually like 20 times or something like that) so eventually it will start only doing ending 2 again. But that isn't important. I think its fine. New files up shortly. Someone may want to look at the D. S. and the Fine; they look a little sloppy. Other than that, its good. Unless Bespinben would like to change the notes up again. Which he probably will. :D

Update: New files up!

Repeat go on indefinitely. Just edit the Fine mark to "stop on pass" 2 instead of "always jump". 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on August 20, 2015, 03:55:35 PMWhen something is "ignored" in a repeat, what you need to do is manually give the playback directions by inserting "Go to Measure #" and hiding the marking.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 20, 2015, 03:58:56 PMRepeat go on indefinitely. Just edit the Fine mark to "stop on pass" 2 instead of "always jump". 

Tobbeh's fix did the trick, so I didn't have to worry about a hidden "Go to Measure #" thing. It would be nice if my Fine could be on beat 3 of the last measure, rather than the end, but that doesn't really matter, since it is a looping song anyway. The files have been updated. I'm not sure if its ready or not, but that's for you guys to decide, right?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Zeta