News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[Wii] Wii Sports Resort - "Bowling Theme" by videogaminglegodude, LuigiKart & TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2015, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Wii Sports Resort
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Bowling Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: videogaminglegodude, LuigiKart & TheMarioPianist

[attachment deleted by admin]

videogaminglegodude

Thanks so much luigikart and themariopianist, who got this thing together with me.  I am still an ameture, and without them, this would not be here.
For lack of anything better to say, I love the Miis.

TheMarioPianist

You're welcome! It's my pleasure to be able to help people like you with arranging!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Ok, I have made quite a few changes here (with the help of Latios212). There were very few note changes, but I'll try to list all that I (we) did here:

• Added crescendo in Measure 1
  • Changed first chord in Measure 2
  • Strengthened chords in Measures 4, 5, 7, and 8
  • Changed last rhythm in measures 2-8 to staccato quarter note.
  • Cleaned up articulation throughout (including a new one Latios and I coined the "marccentato." (Note with a marcato, accent, and a staccato. Latios states that the proper way to play it is to play the note for 0.38 seconds while your finger exerts 13 psi of pressure onto the key.)
  • Shortened the piece by creating a 2 ending repeat system
  • Changed title to "Bowling Theme"
  • A few minor bass clef note changes

Now, the song is currently at 19 measures. Could an updater (well, doesn't really have to be an updater, really) give me a tip on the best way to fit measures here? Should I just set it at 4 and have the last system contain 3 measures? Or is there a better way?

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bespinben

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 09, 2015, 10:11:08 PMNow, the song is currently at 19 measures. Could an updater (well, doesn't really have to be an updater, really) give me a tip on the best way to fit measures here? Should I just set it at 4 and have the last system contain 3 measures? Or is there a better way?
Instead of having the 1st/2nd endings cover only 2 measures, have it cover 4 measures. This will preserve your hypermeter.

Very solid arrangement -- great improvement since last time. I think all that needs to be addressed now is some issues in notation:

1.) Your tempo is a whopping 216 BPM. That's faster than Flight of the Bumblebee. The mood of the piece doesn't convey Prestissimo. To resolve this issue, half your tempo (~110 bpm~) and half all your rhythm values. To do this en masse (a full Finale feature), use Utilities --> Change --> Note Duration --> 50% all). I don't recommend using 2/2 cut time to solve this issue, because doing it the way above will help show the syncopated rhythms and accents more clearly (kill 2 birds with 1 stone!)

2.) I noticed you did a really neat switch-off of the melody between the LH and RH in m. 10 and m. 12. However, it took me a couple minutes to realize that you did that. Use layers and voice-leading lines (solid if using same hand to another staff; dashed if different hand to another staff) to help show this transition and to keep the melody distinct from the rhythm support chords
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheMarioPianist

Quick thing about the second point. The melody appearing in the left hand there is pure coincidence. It was not supposed to be a switch-off, per se. I never even noticed that happened until now. I'm going to differentiate it from the melody in my next update here. 

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Ok, the files have been updated again. Things that were fixed:

-Note beaming fixed
-Unnecessary 2nd layer rests removed
-tempo and rhythms halved
-some other minor stuff

Looks close to ready, in my opinion. The only things that could be questionable (I think) would be the articulation choices. Well, an updater is bound to find something that I wouldn't possibly notice. It always happens. Otherwise, Super Bell Hill wouldn't be over 100 replies long.  ;D

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 10, 2015, 07:47:38 AMOk, the files have been updated again. Things that were fixed:

-Note beaming fixed
-Unnecessary 2nd layer rests removed
-tempo and rhythms halved
-some other minor stuff

Looks close to ready, in my opinion. The only things that could be questionable (I think) would be the articulation choices. Well, an updater is bound to find something that I wouldn't possibly notice. It always happens. Otherwise, Super Bell Hill wouldn't be over 100 replies long.  ;D

thank you very much.

Bespinben

I cleaned it up to be a little more aesthetically pleasing:

[MIDI] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]

The arrangement is good, but in m. 6+, instead of putting the ukulele in the RH, how about writing it an octave lower, and putting it into the LH? It's very cluttered currently, and this would make things more organized.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on August 10, 2015, 12:44:53 PMI cleaned it up to be a little more aesthetically pleasing:

[MIDI] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]

The arrangement is good, but in m. 6+, instead of putting the ukulele in the RH, how about writing it an octave lower, and putting it into the LH? It's very cluttered currently, and this would make things more organized.

Well, it definitely unclutters the RH, that's for sure. However, I don't know if the same can be said for the LH. In addition, that DC takes the song back to the beginning (ok, measure 2), while it should go from the 2nd ending to measure 6. I don't know how important that really is, but just thought I'd point it out. Files updated.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 10, 2015, 09:58:42 PMWell, it definitely unclutters the RH, that's for sure. However, I don't know if the same can be said for the LH. In addition, that DC takes the song back to the beginning (ok, measure 2), while it should go from the 2nd ending to measure 6. I don't know how important that really is, but just thought I'd point it out. Files updated.

I think the same thing, except that it is not just that part.  there are a lot of measures that are out of wack, and I do not think it is worth updating until those are fixed.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on August 11, 2015, 06:03:00 AMI think the same thing, except that it is not just that part.  there are a lot of measures that are out of wack, and I do not think it is worth updating until those are fixed.

Could you give an example of what you mean with a measure being "out of wack?" If you show me what you mean by that, I could try to fix it. Or you could always do it too, if you want!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

videogaminglegodude

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 11, 2015, 08:51:07 AMCould you give an example of what you mean with a measure being "out of wack?" If you show me what you mean by that, I could try to fix it. Or you could always do it too, if you want!

just say that the song is "divided up" into part that will simply repeat themselves, and there are a lot of the wrong repeats at the long time.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: videogaminglegodude on August 11, 2015, 04:43:35 PMjust say that the song is "divided up" into part that will simply repeat themselves, and there are a lot of the wrong repeats at the long time.
Quote from: Latios212 on August 11, 2015, 05:29:25 PMEr, could you be more specific?

Really, the only one that I thought was out of wack was the one I already mentioned: Bespinben's DC al Fine taking it all the way to the beginning. After ending 2 it should go back to the forward repeat (I think measure 5 or 6, don't have the file open atm). Latios and I thought that after that second ending you had an exact copy, so there was no need to use those measures. If you could say which repeat is wrong, that would be helpful.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player