News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Notating the exact amount of swing in Finale?

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, August 07, 2015, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So alongside my Megaman arrangement (which since it's arranged already I might drop, or just work on every once in a while for the practice) I'm doing Gateon Port from Pokemon XD.
In noteflight (the notation program I use before XML importation), it has a "swing meter", where you can adjust the amount of swing. 25% on that meter makes it work perfectly, I'm just wondering how one would notate that in finale.
what is shitpost

Latios212

Not on my Finale computer right now, but if you create a new expression text, you can adjust how it affects the playback in the second tab. Select swing and you will be able to enter a numerical value.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on August 07, 2015, 10:55:56 AMNot on my Finale computer right now, but if you create a new expression text, you can adjust how it affects the playback in the second tab. Select swing and you will be able to enter a numerical value.

Yea, this. I don't know how much swing you need exactly, if you know what the % equivalent of "standard" swing is in Noteflight, that would help. In Finale...

Light=75
Standard=100
Heavy=125
Dotted Eighth, Sixteenth=150

From listening to the song, its probably between 75 and 100; I'd start at 100 and adjust down from there.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost