Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Weird Woods
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nebbles

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Excellent work!
I only have 1 thing to say that is optional. It kinda sounds like it's in 6/8. I say this because it has that 2/4 feel. But I think it's fine the way it is! :)

Again, Good Work!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

As I said, it kinda sounds like it's in 6/8. I think either 3/4 or 6/8 works. :)

Bespinben

Just to clarify, 1 beat of the new 6/8 would actually take the span of what it currently an entire measure. So, divide 196 BPM by 3, and there's your new tempo marking (in units of dotted quarters). Then, half all the note values (to do this en masse, just use Utilities --> Change --> Note Duration --> 50% all). Essentially, the definition of compound time.

This would be your result:

I highly recommend this notation.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Hmm, are you sure it's entirely necessary, though? I really don't have a problem with it being in 3/4.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

I hear it as 6/8 personally, but that's just me.

Nebbles

I think it works fine in 3/4, it's just a fast 3/4.

Latios212

Although I do like the way Bespinben notated it, I do hear it in 3/4.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

I prefer to keep it in 3/4 personally, so I don't know if I'm going to alter it.

TheMarioPianist

Well yes, it does work in 3/4, but I keep hearing a definitive 1-2-3-4-5-6 rather than a 1-2-3 1-2-3. They may seem like the same thing, but 6/8 pieces have a distinctive triplet type feel to them. This one definitely has that. Plus, Bespinben doesn't tell a lie. :)

There's a good example at this link, but I'll just copy the important stuff here.

A difference in feel between 3/4 and 6/8 time can be even more obvious. In 3/4 time, the measure is broken up into three distinct beats, as in a waltz. In 6/8 time, by contrast, the measure is often broken up into two beats, each with a triplet feel. Like this:

3/4 time: "ONE and TWO and THREE and/ONE and TWO and THREE and"

6/8 time: "ONE two three FOUR five six/ONE two three FOUR five six"

If the composer writes three quarter notes in 3/4 time, it will feel like three notes on the beat. But if the composer writes three quarter notes in 6/8 time, the second note may feel syncopated relative to the overall pulse of the music.

If you want to keep it in 3/4, by all means, keep it. It still works. In my opinion, the song just has more of a 6/8 feel.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Nebbles

Ahh, okay, I understand what you mean. Long story short, both work, but it feels like 6/8 more.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Nebbles on August 07, 2015, 12:15:53 PMAhh, okay, I understand what you mean. Long story short, both work, but it feels like 6/8 more.

Basically, yes. I could go into deeper detail as to why it feels like 6/8, but I don't think there's any need to do that.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Nebbles