[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - "Agniratha, Mechonis Capital (Night)" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, August 03, 2015, 08:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Agniratha, Mechonis Capital (Night)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Bespinben

Just a quick review, full to come later.

I noticed generally that there's a lot of missing notes in your arrangement. For example, just in the introduction (m. 1-4), the piano chords actually have another note a 3rd above the top one you have currently. I also noticed you omitted the synth voices, which I outlined below (with possible playing instructions).

Also, m. 59 (the last measure) should be spelled C#, E#, (G#). It's a Picardy third (i.e. when the tonic chord of a minor key song ends as major).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Maelstrom

Bespinben

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 05, 2015, 08:57:26 AMIs it ok if I make these changes when the full review comes?

Part of the idea of the small review is to give you just enough direction to make changes beyond just the letter of the critique, so that way when the "full" review comes I don't have to cover as much material, because hopefully you might have fixed those things on your own initiative by then.

Maelstrom

Finally, I get around to this. Sorry it took so long.

As for the missing harmonies, I tried my hardest to put everything I heard in.

And as for the synth, I just don't feel that it can be feasibly added to the entire piece. It's one of those voices that I feel should be ignored or added in every instance to keep it consistent. I don't think it can be added that easily without greatly complicating the piece. And I don't think that it's incredibly important to the overall piece. Does this make sense?

Fixed the accidental error on the last measure

And all files have been updated.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

In one week, I shall be leaving for the next 8-9 months.
If someone is going to give me feedback, I'd like it now, rather than later.

Maelstrom

Not to try to get all the attention to my arrangement, but I'm leaving Sunday.
Feedback would be nice before then.

Bespinben

Would someone like to give this an aesthetic touch-up? It's nearly there, but just has a few little scratch marks (ex: empty space between pedal markings, white-space optimization, measure distribution, etc. are a few to name).

Oronoco

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Bespinben

MomoQca

Shouldn't the title be "Agniratha, Mechonis Capital (Night)"? It's the official English title from the Jukebox in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

Quote from: Oronoco on October 13, 2015, 05:42:35 PMI can. Because I really like this sheet!

I look forward to seeing it! It's a great song.

Oronoco

Here's the sheet with the touch-ups. If I were Maelstrom, I think it might be nice to see a list of changes. So here's what I did.

-redistributed measures
-aligned pedal markings
-re-spaced systems and shortened the last system
-adjusted 8va markings to avoid collisions
-added final backslash to url
-aligned noteheads in final measure

Quote from: MomoQca on October 15, 2015, 06:57:47 AMShouldn't the title be "Agniratha, Mechonis Capital (Night)"? It's the official English title from the Jukebox in Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

I'm clueless about the appropriate title. I'm happy to change it, though, if it's needed. And I'm happy to fix anything I could have done better!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Bespinben

Excellent! I appreciate this a ton Oronoco.

I noticed one little error left though (not your fault) -- measure 57, beat 3 is a G# major chord, so it should be spelled as G#, B#, D# instead of Ab C D#.

Oh, and MomoQca is right about the title. Go ahead and fix that, and I'll edit the submission title as well.