Series: Other
Game: Rogue Legacy
Console: PC
Title: Castle (Traits Menu)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: McDucky

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Seeing as the below is the official OST title, it is expedient that you update the title of your submission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY4_tcoCkYg
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

AwesomeYears

Woo change the NinSheetMusic URL to ze new one.

Sebastian

Nice Job!
I have a few things:
- It is actually in 6/8 at 65 BPM (Dotted Quarter Note = 65). It has that 2/4 feel and has those triplets everywhere. So you'll have to cut everything in half. Example: Make the half notes Quarters etc.
-The URL info is incorrect. It should be "Cellar Door Games (c) 2013" Traditionally, you put the developer & publisher. If I'm wrong, someone correct me. Also the url is http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/

Other then that, excellent work!

McDucky

Sebastian

Ok:
Here is what it should be. This is just an example
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwqsmvj4sz4bt9g/For%20Mcducky.mus?dl=0

Up to measure 19 is what you have and measure 20 onward is what it should be. I didn't do it all so you can learn :p

McDucky

Thank you!       
I redid it in 6/8 now     

Sebastian

McDucky

Bespinben

I noticed that in m. 11-18, you (and MLF) opted to double the melody on octaves, but there's more to that section than just that. Listen to track, and you'll notice that there's actually a ROUND occurring in these measures, the two melodies separated by 1 beat. I think the most practical way to execute this would be to write the "echoed" voice of the round in the LH as a second layer.

Tobbeh99

One small thing I noticed: there are actually 3 chords, not 2, before the melody begins. You could use a pickup measure for the first chord.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

McDucky

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 28, 2015, 05:30:10 AMOne small thing I noticed: there are actually 3 chords, not 2, before the melody begins. You could use a pickup measure for the first chord.
Quote from: Bespinben on September 27, 2015, 06:00:22 PMI noticed that in m. 11-18, you (and MLF) opted to double the melody on octaves, but there's more to that section than just that. Listen to track, and you'll notice that there's actually a ROUND occurring in these measures, the two melodies separated by 1 beat. I think the most practical way to execute this would be to write the "echoed" voice of the round in the LH as a second layer.

How's this?
MUS   
PDF

Bespinben

You got the notes. Now, make them playable.

Quote from: Bespinben on September 27, 2015, 06:00:22 PMI think the most practical way to execute this would be to write the "echoed" voice of the round in the LH as a second layer.
(Either/Or, really, as long as you aren't doing both in the SAME HAND)

Tobbeh99

Also measure 12, beat 4: make the RH notes alined. The higher layer in the RH is a bit too much to the right and thereby not being alined with the lower layer or the LH.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

McDucky

Quote from: Bespinben on September 30, 2015, 12:07:18 PMYou got the notes. Now, make them playable.
Oh.
I merged the "echo" with the LH. It's playable. I'm not sure about how multi-layered notes should be stylized though...   

MUS   
PDF