[NDS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Limestone Cavern" by InsigTurtle

Started by Zeta, July 31, 2015, 11:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I looked over your final draft and habitually man-handled made some alterations:
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MUSX]

I adjusted the 2nd layer chord inversions of m. 17-22 in a way that was more than m. 13-16, but also would provide just enough dynamic room to diminuendo back to the beginning of the loop neatly.

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 11, 2015, 05:07:14 AMjust wondering, why did you respell that first chord? i originally thought it was a C7b5 2nd inversion, but i guess you think otherwise? i don't think it has anything to do with tonality either?
It's possible to see that as C7b5, but also possible to see it was C7#11. Since we're throwing tonality out the window though, my reasoning is because the chord derives its components from the whole tone scale, which in my experience, most often places the "2-step" between F# and Ab. Arguably, the "2-step" can be done anywhere in a whole tone scale (resulting in infinite spelling possibilities) but most impressionistic music seems to favor this interval.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

InsigTurtle

Ah, I had spelled the chords out in a way so that all of them were inversions of a 7th chord, just for consistency. It's not exactly the most "correct" way to do it, but that was the best I could think of, seeing as it's not exactly the most tonal of music.

I'll update the links as soon as possible.

Zeta