The Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Unofficial Project

Started by Latios212, July 25, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on September 18, 2015, 02:57:24 PMYou can just put all the notes in for Pallet and we'll decide how to shuffle things around after.

I did. I just called it "incomplete" because it's currently unplayable

Latios212

I'll have a proposed solution to Pallet up by tomorrow

edit: done, foldered
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Also Latios if you have some thoughts on my arrangements here, please post them either here or to me as a PM. I think it's better than Skype.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

ok i didnt get Opening Movie in on the weekend like I planned but I HAVE started work on it and fortunately it's rather short so you can expect it in a few days
It's probably gonna be my last arrangement for this project since there's so few songs left to do.

Altissimo

Ok here... have a completely unfinished version of the opening movie.
MIDI / MUS / PDF
By unfinished I mean the following two things primarily:
-It's unplayable in its current state. This might need to be a community effort with regards to how to make it playable considering it's SUCH an iconic Pokémon song and there's a lot of ridiculousness in it.

-I have no earthly idea what the time signature should be in the "battle" type section at the end. All I know is that what I've written depicts every note in relation to each other; that is to say, there is no note that does not last for the "correct" duration relative to the other notes (except maybe the first half note), and no note starts on the "wrong" beat relative to the other voices occurring simultaneously. I have it going about the right speed, but it's hard to tell what to do with how wonky it is!!

Latios212

Is it not simply like this?

Route 29 fixed and foldered. I changed a few things, as always lemme know if I did anything wrong. Dynamics were over-complicating things, so removed them. Added some articulations, fixed a few wrong notes.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Ok I brought this up with Latios over Skype but I want to see other opinions:
the Opening Movie time signature I had notated as Fucking Weird/4 at the end, yes it does work as 4/4 or 2/4 (not sure which is better honestly). But at the same time, the bass moves in a 6-beat loop in the eighth notes. So I'm wondering: which line do you think informs the beat? The bass which gives a 3/4 type sound or the melody which functions in 4/4 or 2/4?

EDIT: Well, no, I think what I have is the best solution...
MIDI / MUS / PDF

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Latios212

Will get to that later.

For now, "Battle Tower Reception Desk" and "A Rival Appears! (Version 2)" are finished and foldered.

"Victory! (Gym Leader)" too.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

I have the Ending (Staff Credits) and THE END!

But in the Ending/Credits, there's a pesky natural that keeps disappearing (making a G a G-sharp) whenever I convert from MUSX to MUS. (This happens again later with an A.) The natural is there in the MUSX but not after I convert it. I can change it, but there's no way for me to save the changes as anything but another MUSX.

Does anyone have any advice?

(I'll keep fiddling with it in the meantime.)
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Latios212

The weird stuff happens when you export a Finale 2012 file?

Any way, just post what you have here and we'll see what we can do :P

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

Alright! Here they are:

Ending (Staff Credits)

THE END

And yup. The weird stuff happens when I export to a Finale 2012 file. Just remember that there are some naturals missing from the "Ending (Staff Credits)" MUS files!

EDIT: It's the G5 after the grace note in measure 5 and the A5 after the grace note in measure 31. They should have naturals.
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Latios212

Such beautiful sheets... ;__; *sniff sniff*

Thank you so much for these. I'll see what I can do about the accidental problems in the upcoming days, but I'm a bit swamped with work right now.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oronoco

Quote from: Latios212 on September 27, 2015, 07:44:05 PMSuch beautiful sheets... ;__; *sniff sniff*

Yup. I've decided. Heaven's gonna be a Nintendo Ending Theme with one big descending baseline.

Take your time! I'll keep trying to fix the accidental stuff, too.