News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Unofficial Project

Started by Latios212, July 25, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Burned Tower

Sprout Tower

[EDIT] I'll go ahead and do Ecruteak City and Ice Path as well.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Latios212

Nice. Watch out for those two, the three voices get really separated at times so some moving around of stuff will be necessary. I'll be here to help if needed!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Oh wow, I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this! Not sure if I'll have time to contribute anything, (or the skill really) but I can't wait to see this, GSC sorely needed this.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

Quote from: Nebbles on July 27, 2015, 04:59:45 PMOh wow, I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this! Not sure if I'll have time to contribute anything, (or the skill really) but I can't wait to see this, GSC sorely needed this.
I agree! So many on site are a mess. Also GSC songs are some of the easiest to arrange (see Youtube playlist, it's in stereo and you can separate the 3 voices using earbuds!) so if you wanna try, go for it :P

I have yet to get everything properly organized but Altissimo, Bubbles, Brawler, I've put your files in the folder. You guys are the best.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

@Brawler

Just noting something, you made a couple of petit mistakes in Sprout Tower in the note department, so I fixed 'em. Also added an extra measure because of something pretty inconsequential (first time through it's a Gb, afterwards it's an F)
Rink

I'll probably just lurk around here checking for accuracy, if y'all don't mind.

@Altissimo m.8-9 have a couple of wrong notes in the bass. You use Musescore, right? That would explain some of the weird formatting shtuff. M. 9-12 may benefit from some cross-staffing shenanigans.

Altissimo

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 28, 2015, 12:06:18 AM@Altissimo m.8-9 have a couple of wrong notes in the bass. You use Musescore, right? That would explain some of the weird formatting shtuff. M. 9-12 may benefit from some cross-staffing shenanigans.

On Route 38, I take it? Hmm. I'll have to see what I can get done with that. (I know the bass notes on m. 8-9 have some issues but for whatever reason I'm having trouble hearing those clearly enough to identify the mistakes. What are you hearing?)

InsigTurtle

Oh, I was talking about the Pokémon Center arrangement. I should have mentioned that, my bad.

I'm also a bit occupied at the moment, so I didn't put any time in to fix that file. Sorry about that.

Altissimo

Oh, in that case I can fix it myself. (Later. I have stuff to do soon.) Thanks for pointing it out though!

InsigTurtle

It's 5:00 AM right now so I just decided to look at the next guy in this thread instead of sleeping.
So, Route 38. There's still that formatting stuff, but you can fix that later.

The rhythm of that opening motif (and 11-end) should be 8th-16th-16th 8th-16th-16th 16th-16th-8th
The B in layer two of the top staff in m.3,7 should be C#
Second last bass note in m.4 should be F#
Last bass note in m.8 should be A

Altissimo

Thanks! This is the one where I actually had some trouble hearing the bass line in select parts, so your comments are appreciated. I'll upload altered versions of this and Pokémon Center later. I also have Olivine Lighthouse, but I still need to format that and add articulations, etc.

Latios212

Slow, how necessary is the apostrophe in Jun'ichi Masuda

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

Quick Japanese transliteration lesson:
The apostrophe (or sometimes dash) is used to distinguish, in this case, between 'Ju-n-i-chi' (じゅんいち) and 'Ju-ni-chi' (じゅにち), which are completely different. I suppose that his name in the soundtrack is given as "Jun'ichi Masuda", which would be more appropriate given that the first character in his given name (順) is pronounced 'jun' while the second kanji is pronounced 'ichi'.

Latios212

Actually now that I checked my phone yeah it's there. Thanks.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Quote from: InsigTurtle on July 28, 2015, 12:06:18 AMI'll probably just lurk around here checking for accuracy, if y'all don't mind.

You don't realize just how much I appreciate this ;D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Here's Olivine Lighthouse! I could use an accuracy check on the bassline, I'm having some trouble hearing that too and there's a lot of dissonance making it hard to hear when I'm wrong :(

MIDI / MUS / PDF

I'm having a lot of trouble with the bass in Victory Road, so I think I might need to give up on that one...