News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal Unofficial Project

Started by Latios212, July 25, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Oasis on August 31, 2015, 03:01:32 PMWould you like me to submit route 1 here, or on the personal arrangement thread?

Post it here, so Latios can add it to the dropbox folder and so people can give feedback on it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Oasis

"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"
Latios212

Either way really as long as the polished version ends up here eventually, but personal arrangement thread like you did works just great because it gives you attention without cluttering up this thread.

I was going to look over it but was pleasantly surprised that other people have already given you feedback by the time I got home! :D

Also, Dudeman's Goldenrod Game Corner is now added under the blue folder.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Oasis

Thank you Latios/Pichu, I greatly appreciate all this.
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"
Latios212

You're welcome! And thank you for contributing!

~~~

looking over some sheets right now, here's a log (will edit as I go):
- The Pokémon League (Altissimo): fixed title, formatting, added staccatos for the LH in last few measures added tenutos for last note in each measure. File updated.
- A Rival Appears! (Altissimo): I'd suggest getting rid of the dynamics because it seems like a uniform volume to me. Also you're missing a few measures at the end because the third layer changes instead of looping back to measure 1. After you add those, it loops back to measure 4 I believe. Stick with 4-measure systems (counting the pickup as a measure in the first system). Combine layers when they move in parallel. Also it sounds like some of the notes in measure 9 are repeated. File not updated; hand it to me when you've reviewed the changes.
- Dragon's Den (Thomas Wilson) - Fixed timing issues in the LH, file updated. Also I still haven't figured out how to assign an expression text to only one hand - can someone help me?
- Goldenrod Game Corner (Dudeman) - Fixed formatting, combined layers, re-beamed parts. File updated.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on August 31, 2015, 07:11:04 PM- A Rival Appears! (Altissimo): I'd suggest getting rid of the dynamics because it seems like a uniform volume to me. Also you're missing a few measures at the end because the third layer changes instead of looping back to measure 1. After you add those, it loops back to measure 4 I believe. Stick with 4-measure systems (counting the pickup as a measure in the first system). Combine layers when they move in parallel. Also it sounds like some of the notes in measure 9 are repeated. File not updated; hand it to me when you've reviewed the changes.

Here you are. MIDI / MUS / PDF

Tobbeh99

Here is Clair! I made a duet for this too. Duets are really good because you can fit all the voices in it, unlike solo versions where you might need to adjust certain voices in order for it to be playable.

Clair
Clair (Duet)

I'm not sure about the difficulty of the solo version. I think it is a bit too hard, but I let you guys voice your opinion first.

Also about my "Battle (Suicune)" arrangement:
The copyright is wrong the year should be 2000 (that's when Crystal was released in Japan).
Should the duets name be "Battle (Suicune)(Duet)" or "Battle (Suicune) (Duet)" with a space between (suicune) and (duet)? Very minor issue but still.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

There should be a space in between.

I'll look over these sheets later when I get Finale access again, thanks!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Latios212 on August 30, 2015, 06:47:07 PMAnd I like the Lavender Town sheet on site because of its simplicity, but feel free to fiddle with it I guess.

Whoops, I didn't even know we had one yet. Good thing I haven't started yet!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

whee

Sorry for the delay Tobbeh, status and files updated!

I've started editing Pewter City. Would anyone like to give some feedback on New Bark Town?

Quote from: Echo on August 30, 2015, 08:17:52 PMSorry, meant to reply to this about New Bark Town, but there was a power outage over the weekend.

Anyways, I added on to the sheet you posted, since your sheet looked like it was formatted better. [MUS]

As for playability, technically the first four measures are playable without octave switching if you incorporate the left hand, it's just the next four that are kind of a problem. Honestly, I don't even like the second voice that much, and would probably just cut it in the first half except for the 16th note runs, like this. [MUS]

If you want to keep all the parts in some way, then maybe you could alternate playing them, kinda like this (would obviously move the second layer to the other staff, etc.). [MUS]

But yeah I dunno, just felt like throwing some ideas for ya. Pick whatever you think's best.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the measures should probably be stretched vertically too, if that's possible.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

I claim Pokémon Gym.

oops, looks like it's already finished

[MUS]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

btw guys I haven't been saying much lately but I promise I'm not dead, I've just been massively inspired to finish arranging the entire Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite soundtrack
When I finish and post it all I'll get back to GSC nonsense

Latios212

Sure that's okay.

In the meantime Bespinben and I have picked up Ecruteak City. Trying to resolve the 3 voices.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Awesome! I was gonna ask how that was coming along.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel