News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXII: File Island

Started by davy, July 25, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 01, 2015, 09:25:20 PMYou're assuming that:
A: None of those people are lying about being green (which, as you yourself brought up, isn't true).
B: Fank would need to claim green to be green, rather than being assumed green by process of elimination (me in particular knowing he's not the guardian nor the vigi).

No, you know what I'm talking about. Stop dumbtelling. If you really haven't read the thread at all and fank is taking advantage of that to both get you lynched and get information on the blues, then you can go sit in the "this game is too complicated so I'm sabotaging my team" corner with dude
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 01, 2015, 09:13:03 PMOn top of everything, why would I say this:Without any doubt, if I thought:
1: The guardian was still alive (which should eliminate any reasons you think I would claim as a wolf in the first place), and...
2: Fank would be the most likely candidate for guardian by process of elimination, giving him no reason to "verify that I'm a human."

Me claiming to Fank in the first place makes no sense if I'm a wolf. Because Fank is wolf (I'm not even going to say "assuming" any more because I don't have to!), me claiming to him would be the perfect setup for his own claim (which I find was not foreshadowed in any way).

This post literally makes no sense to me.

There are only 4 people left that haven't died. Of those 4, 2 are wolves. The only wolf that has died was noc, and he was reborn. Dudeman and I claimed green. You and Fank claimed blue. One person in each group is a wolf. You are unable to prove that you're vigi. Claiming guardian is much more safe. If Fank had asked you via pm to vigi someone, your cover would be blown. You had to claim guardian in order to defend yourself. As it happened, Olimar died anyway and here we are.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

BlackDragonSlayer

As a prime example, none of this conversation makes sense from Fank's perspective if he's a guardian who knows he can guard himself (as he claims to have asked), or even being a special in the first place (that's an invitation to be wolfed, thus meaning he's actually a wolf who makes prompt wolfings or green trying to attract wolves away from the specials, the latter of which we now know he isn't).
Quote from: fank009 on July 29, 2015, 01:26:11 AM06:02:14: <fank009> who should I use my action on tonight?
06:02:28: <Brawler4Ever> what action is that?
06:02:54: <Brawler4Ever> by the context, I would say that you'r eeitehr the guardian or the vigi
06:03:11: <fank009> I think it would be pretty obvious if I was jiji
06:03:12: <Brawler4Ever> either*
06:03:19: <Brawler4Ever> yeah
06:03:20: <fank009> I would have claimed outright D1
06:03:23: <Brawler4Ever> you would have sent the pm
06:03:29: <Brawler4Ever> or that
06:03:31: <fank009> that too
06:03:34: <Brawler4Ever> lol
06:03:52: <fank009> but who should I target
06:03:56: <fank009> just humour me
06:04:06: <Brawler4Ever> if you're guardian, wait until next Night
06:04:08: <fank009> not knowing what I have
06:04:18: <Brawler4Ever> to defend the Seer, but that's just my opinion
06:04:38: <Brawler4Ever> I don't believe that anybody should be vigi'd
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on August 01, 2015, 09:43:50 PMNo, you know what I'm talking about. Stop dumbtelling. If you really haven't read the thread at all and fank is taking advantage of that to both get you lynched and get information on the blues, then you can go sit in the "this game is too complicated so I'm sabotaging my team" corner with dude
Did you read my post? Your own argument fails to explain away a number of inconsistencies.

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 01, 2015, 09:44:37 PMThis post literally makes no sense to me.

There are only 4 people left that haven't died. Of those 4, 2 are wolves. The only wolf that has died was noc, and he was reborn. Dudeman and I claimed green. You and Fank claimed blue. One person in each group is a wolf. You are unable to prove that you're vigi. Claiming guardian is much more safe. If Fank had asked you via pm to vigi someone, your cover would be blown. You had to claim guardian in order to defend yourself. As it happened, Olimar died anyway and here we are.
But why not claim green, or, better yet, why would I claim guardian then, of all things- above all, to somebody who, from my wolf perspective, would have a great chance at being the guardian?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 01, 2015, 09:39:47 PMI see no claiming- just being sketchy about the issue.

thanks for pointing out a flaw that im being sketchy on details to a) force moves and b) catch people out later.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 01, 2015, 09:45:35 PMAs a prime example, none of this conversation makes sense from Fank's perspective if he's a guardian who knows he can guard himself (as he claims to have asked), or even being a special in the first place (that's an invitation to be wolfed, thus meaning he's actually a wolf who makes prompt wolfings or green trying to attract wolves away from the specials, the latter of which we now know he isn't).
so how does what you highlight point out the point you are trying to make?
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 01, 2015, 09:48:56 PMDid you read my post? Your own argument fails to explain away a number of inconsistencies.
But why not claim green, or, better yet, why would I claim guardian then, of all things- above all, to somebody who, from my wolf perspective, would have a great chance at being the guardian?
im sure I saod something bout that 2nd point...

BlackDragonSlayer

The earlier post I cited about confusion over Nocturne believing me to be the vigi (seen here) holds more merit and evidence than you are willing to assign it (or even mention in the first place), and thus Fank's PM about me, asking if I was the vigi- and on top of his guardian claim- would only make sense from a wolf perspective (i.e. probing for the actual vigi and gaining human points by asking around in the likely- or perhaps unlikely, rather- candidates).

Quote from: fank009 on August 01, 2015, 09:50:30 PMso how does what you highlight point out the point you are trying to make?
The conversation doesn't make sense if you're a special- especially the guardian.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on August 01, 2015, 09:50:30 PMthanks for pointing out a flaw that im being sketchy on details to a) force moves and b) catch people out later.
Being sketchy means you don't have a definitive claim at that point, and are probably looking for a special to be killed so you can fill their shoes (or just maneuver yourself into a position where your claim is believable in a half-baked way, as you're doing here).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 01, 2015, 09:44:37 PMDudeman and I claimed green. You and Fank claimed blue. One person in each group is a wolf.
Sounds good to me.

Brawler4Ever
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 01, 2015, 09:58:25 PMSounds good to me.

Brawler4Ever
Y'know, at this point, I'd go for any possibly-wolf lynch that isn't me, but... and I hate to complain in this situation, but...

Why not Fank? :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

If my above vote turns out to be baseless, shall we remember that the wolves don't know each other? Fank and BDS could both be wolves attempting to out-counterclaim each other.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on August 01, 2015, 10:02:13 PMIf my above vote turns out to be baseless, shall we remember that the wolves don't know each other? Fank and BDS could both be wolves attempting to out-counterclaim each other.
Given that there are no other guardian claims, this is less likely.

Also, there's the possibility the wolves have gotten in contact somehow, or are picking up on subtle wolfy clues and going along with lynches that in normal circumstances wouldn't make any sense!!!!! !!!!!

!!!!! !!!!!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, where are you, Bubbles and Latios. ._.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Such as your advocacy of Fank's and vice-versa?

fank009

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 01, 2015, 10:03:51 PMGiven that there are no other guardian claims, this is less likely.

Also, there's the possibility the wolves have gotten in contact somehow, or are picking up on subtle wolfy clues and going along with lynches that in normal circumstances wouldn't make any sense!!!!! !!!!!

!!!!! !!!!!
I feel like you should add a nudge nudge, wink wink. Anyway... when I can do elaborate stuff, then, and only then you would find resistance to be futile