News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXII: File Island

Started by davy, July 25, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Also keep in mind the jijimon makes it impossible for us to mislynch.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Brawler4Ever

The way I see it: The game won't end until either A) the current wolves die at least once or B) Jijimon dies. While lynching wolfing targets is not ideal, it's safe. The wolves can't win until they kill Jijimon, so we can narrow down targets as we get wolfed. Best case scenerio: the wolves don't hit Jijimon for several Nights and we continually re-lynch those targets, removing any chance of them becoming wolves, and not accidentally killing Jijimon. That's why I like fank's idea of lynching wolf targets; by process of elimination, we will find the wolves. We just have to wait them out.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Dudeman

Remember that the people we kill can still eventually become wolves if we pursue other people for a while. Keep in mind that every two lynches, the guy from the first of those lynches has become a champion digimon, which has a 15% chance of randomly wolfing. If we ignore certain people for too long, there's the chance that they wolf and then we have to go back to square one.

Also, via process of elimination, the wolves can just lynch every player progressively until they hit Jiji. No one's gonna digivolve into Jiji. That means, at maximum, we have 8 day phases to get all the wolves. Seems like a good long time, but with everyone reviving, it may come faster than we expect.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on July 26, 2015, 04:01:31 AMLatios212 died. He was green.
rip in peace

Quote from: Latios212 on July 26, 2015, 05:01:28 AMWhat? I was green and I still am green because when you get reborn you're GREEN how does this vote make any sense
OH MAN YOU'RE ALIVE! You're aliiiiiiivvveee!!!!!

Fank's reasoning makes sense, but it seems a little too unnecessarily preventative, and like it would get nowhere, especially if we keep lynching people who have been wolfed. In my opinion, it would be better to let the vigi take care of Latios, and actually decide on a target who we find suspicious (keep in mind there is a vigi, currently Agumon).
Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 03:32:14 PMI'm not sure how fond I am of this idea, I'll need to read the OP again. My main concern is that we're giving all the killing power to the wolves without progressing the game.
Basically this.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 26, 2015, 03:48:01 PMThat's why I like fank's idea of lynching wolf targets; by process of elimination, we will find the wolves. We just have to wait them out.

Yes, but if we put the killing power with the wolves, then there's a higher % chance that they'll hit jijimon prematurely.

Dudeman

Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 04:13:02 PMYes, but if we put the killing power with the wolves, then there's a higher % chance that they'll hit jijimon prematurely.
Quote from: Dudeman on July 26, 2015, 03:57:13 PMThat means, at maximum, we have 8 day phases to get all the wolves.
Essentially this. Plus inactives may or may not be more likely to be Jiji, if they want to stay alive as long as possible.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 03:32:14 PMI'm not sure how fond I am of this idea, I'll need to read the OP again. My main concern is that we're giving all the killing power to the wolves without progressing the game.
I think I mentioned this in the chat.
as long as jiji is alive and stays hidden, wolves will always have night momentum. (-vig shots)
any night kills are more than likely to become wolves more than anything, do we have mislynches? I think we still do, just because we don't lose doesn't mean that we actually gain from a lynch... if we are at 4 with 2 coming wolves in the next few phases and we don't hit any of those 6... isn't that a mislynch?

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 26, 2015, 04:01:20 PMIn my opinion, it would be better to let the vigi take care of Latios, and actually decide on a target who we find suspicious (keep in mind there is a vigi, currently Agumon).Basically this.
No, this is a bad idea, Vigi is as good as a wolfing and we still have that 50% flip. What I'm saying is is that kills in the day are a lot more beneficial to humans than those in the night, vig would be  more productive looking for the starter wolves first than cleaning the scraps

Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 04:13:02 PMYes, but if we put the killing power with the wolves, then there's a higher % chance that they'll hit jijimon prematurely.
2q. number one, why does hitting them prematurely sound like its bad for wolves...
2) Q2 why is there so much faith in jijimon yet we are just letting 'em rot?
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

FireArrow

Your plan relies on the wolves getting unlucky and never hitting jijimon. What if they hits jijimon tomorrow night or the next? We would be in a much better position if we also got 2 free lynches in that time span, doubling the amount of people we narrowed down without affecting our numbers. Human kills have a higher chance of hitting a starting wolf as well. I mean sure, if the wolves hit jijimon last then gg we win, but what are the chances?

Latios212

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 26, 2015, 04:01:20 PMIn my opinion, it would be better to let the vigi take care of Latios, and actually decide on a target who we find suspicious (keep in mind there is a vigi, currently Agumon).
Well if you vigi me at night we'll just end up right back where we are now with a >50% chance of me digivolving into a wolf after the next phase. Best kill me now.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 04:28:17 PMYour plan relies on the wolves getting unlucky and never hitting jijimon. What if they hits jijimon tomorrow night or the next? We would be in a much better position if we also got 2 free lynches in that time span, doubling the amount of people we narrowed down without affecting our numbers. Human kills have a higher chance of hitting a starting wolf as well. I mean sure, if the wolves hit jijimon last then gg we win, but what are the chances?
FA's opinion: Jiji being alive = human win.
Fanks opinion: Jiji being alive = wolf win.

glad we could get that point out of the way quickly.

what you wanna do this phase instead FA, hunt for blues?

FireArrow

I'm really confused, I thought I understood your plan but now I don't - at all.

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 04:38:17 PMI'm really confused, I thought I understood your plan but now I don't - at all.
If you don't understand it, wolves don't ever :D

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on July 26, 2015, 04:38:17 PMI'm really confused, I thought I understood your plan but now I don't - at all.
Yeah. Why don't we actually try to eliminate wolves...?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

QuoteAfter being an In-Training digimon for one phase you will digivolve into a Rookie digimon.
After being a Rookie digimon for 3 phases you will digivolve into a Champion digimon.
mixed rookie with in training, sorry bout that

Anyway, the thing with fank's plan is we also have a vigi.  So fank's plan of keeping the wolf team as small as possible actually works-plus we'll know as soon as the wolves hit the vigi cause of cardflips.  It's totally fine to just keep latios down as long as we hit BDS with the vigi
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated