News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXII: File Island

Started by davy, July 25, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

I took off my vote from Dudeman because I wanted us to come to a unified decision. In the context of the day, we had just lost noc, FA, and Latios the Night before. Us killing Dudeman would have killed one wolf, but it would have created 2 more, if the vigi was active that Night. Unfortunately, the thread was so discombobulated that we never came to a direct conclusion, even though FA tried. I would also like to note that this is the first time that Dudeman even recognizes that I'm his rival. I had clearly pointed it out earlier, but he seems not to have seen it. Incredibly convenient for somebody that doesn't want himself noticed. Although, he's perfectly fine with my lynch a few posts later, because it would mean my death rather than his. And yet you blame me for "not wanting to lynch my partner."

In terms of my BDS vote, I believed that Olimar was a wolf for most of the game.  That changed when Olimar died and flipped blue. Lynching BDS was, in my opinion at the time, the same as lynching Dudeman. The difference was that BDS already had 2 people voting against him (FA and Fank, both of whom I considered human at the time) by the time that I could see the thread (I was on my way to my sister's house in California, where I am now). Why would I push for a Dudeman lynch when a BDS lynch is just as reasonable? I had already made my observation clear to the thread that I knew that Dudeman was a wolf. But it was his word against mine; I had no other evidence against him. And the way that BDS was playing, I saw no reason for him not to be a wolf. Both you and FA agreed with my reasoning, even if not explicitly. You both chose BDS because he was the more likely to be a wolf. The only person (besides BDS) that didn't vote for BDS was Dudeman. And why was that?
He makes an unnecessary note that he is, in fact, human. He ignores everything that everybody had been saying to go after me, even though BDS has 3 votes against him and there's no reason why either Dudeman or I would be lynched that phase. And then there's this. My reply to whatever that was. He has more posts about him being human than either BDS or Fank being a wolf during this whole ordeal. And then he finally votes for Fank, stating that BDS won him over.

If Dudeman claimed to Fank just before his final post during that phase, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Fank's idea for Dudeman to vote for him. Actually, I find it more likely that Fank figured out that Dudeman was the wolf. But it doesn't matter. Dudeman didn't participate in the discussion at all, yet somehow wants to convince us that BDS "won him over." I'm not buying it. Fank told Dudeman to vote for him (Fank) because Fank knew it to be a safe vote. BDS was dead anyway. It was 3v1 at the time, making it 3v2. Even if Bubbles voted against Fank, it wouldn't be uncalled-for for Dudeman to change his vote afterwards. Fank was never in any danger that phase, and Dudeman has gained a great deal of human points by not voting against BDS, even though he gave no reasoning to vote at all. Just, "BDS won me over."
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brawler4Ever

Dudeman has one central theme throughout this entire game: self-preservation. Everything that he has done has been to keep himself out of the spotlight. He has given very few, if any, original thoughts. He has never explained any of his reasoning for his votes other than, A) This is what everybody else is doing, so I'll do it too OR B) no reasoning, just vote. His actions against me have been paltry, at best. He has been in it for himself, and himself alone, since the word, "go." This seems to me like the mindset of a wolf that doesn't want to accidentally kill his partner.

I've been active in chat and in the thread this entire game, trying to help the humans (i.e. come up with strategies and look at the big picture). I've been giving speculation (see my pm to you and latios during Night 2 about the wolves potentially wolfing a blue) and fully explaining all of my reasoning (see my vote against BDS). This way, if I made a mistake (which has been common this game, since it's incredibly complicated) somebody would be able to correct me. I've done the same and corrected other players as needed. This has happened several times throughout this game.

Dudeman

Very well done, Brawler. Excellent detective work. There's no doubt that you've been looking very hard into my actions. If I may say so, maybe a little too hard. Remember a little thing we struggled with last game called Confirmation Bias?
I'd suggest not twisting your facts to suit theories.

Just so you guys know, I have been actively reading your deliberations on my humanity, so I'm not ignorant about what's going on. I just have nothing significant to contribute to the discussion. What's done is done.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

A WILD DUDEMAN APPEARS!!
... and he just sits there.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Dudeman on August 05, 2015, 08:50:26 AMI just have nothing significant to contribute to the discussion.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

Nothing at all?
I can't tell if you're angry or busy or just don't care or what

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Dudeman on August 05, 2015, 08:50:26 AMVery well done, Brawler. Excellent detective work. There's no doubt that you've been looking very hard into my actions. If I may say so, maybe a little too hard. Remember a little thing we struggled with last game called Confirmation Bias?
I'd suggest not twisting your facts to suit theories.

Just so you guys know, I have been actively reading your deliberations on my humanity, so I'm not ignorant about what's going on. I just have nothing significant to contribute to the discussion. What's done is done.

Except that this isn't confirmation bias. Confirmation bias is us going after Mashi because we wanted him to be a wolf, even in the face of evidence that he wasn't. This isn't an issue of me wanting you to be a wolf. It is literally impossible for both of us to be human; I've known that since Day 2. Every argument that I've had with you since then has been a direct result of that knowledge. But if you want to call that confirmation bias, go right ahead.

Bubbles

Quote from: Dudeman on August 05, 2015, 08:50:26 AMI just have nothing significant to contribute to the discussion. What's done is done.
....what? This phase is one of the most important ones of the game and you have...nothing to say? Maybe try a little harder to think of something to, I don't know, prove you're innocent?

Brawler, I'm not so sure I agree that fank and Dudeman would have been in contact before the day phase ended, but I agree with everything else. It looks like I'm just going back to my original opinion on this whole thing: if you and fank really are the wolves you deserve to win a hell of a lot more than the humans do.

Latios I'm not sure if you're going to be online again but Ill wait and vote in 2-3 hours

Latios212

I'll take lunch soon but I can't really actively chat since I'm on my phone, just post.

I'm on the verge of voting Dudeman, though.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on August 05, 2015, 08:55:56 AMNothing at all?
I can't tell if you're angry or busy or just don't care or what
Is there something you'd like me to say? I'm neither angry nor busy, but I figured since the discussion is currently about my role, I would let you guys go at it and wait for your verdict before I respond. Any posts before a verdict has been reached are jumping the gun and may be interpreted as anxious.

ninja'd x2

Dudeman

Quote from: Bubbles on August 05, 2015, 09:10:34 AMMaybe try a little harder to think of something to, I don't know, prove you're innocent?
Because, you know, I can just magically wave my hands and prove my innocence. What new data could I have to bring to the table at this point? All of my actions have been analyzed to death already.

You know what, I'll go ahead and make a comprehensive counter-argument this afternoon. I'm leaving for work in a few and don't have time to formulate my thoughts right now.

Latios212

No rush, but the phase does end in a few hours....

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bubbles

Quote from: Dudeman on August 05, 2015, 09:19:17 AMBecause, you know, I can just magically wave my hands and prove my innocence. What new data could I have to bring to the table at this point? All of my actions have been analyzed to death already.

You know what, I'll go ahead and make a comprehensive counter-argument this afternoon. I'm leaving for work in a few and don't have time to formulate my thoughts right now.
Not analyzed by you. Your perspective is unique and regardless of your team you should be wanting to contribute right now

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle