News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

No Playback in Notepad?

Started by Brawler4Ever, July 10, 2015, 07:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

A couple of days ago, I noticed that Finale Notepad was no longer able to playback songs in it. I could hit Play, but there would be no sound, and no green arrow. However, the song will continue to cycle through measures in the song like normal, but it doesn't work like it used to. Everything with the volume is fine; I can listen to MP3s with no problem

This problem even exists for songs that I was able to listen to before. Every song in Finale Notepad no longer works.

Should I reinstall Notepad? I already turned my computer off and on again (not that I expected it to do anything, but why not?), and looked through Notepad's Help section. No luck there.

Any other ideas?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Maelstrom

Was it just one, or all songs?
Was it the same for any songs downloaded from the site?

Brawler4Ever

All songs, regardless if they were already on my computer or if I download them from the site. :-\

Maelstrom

Yeah, I'd recommend redownloading it. Idk what happened, but it probably can't access the necessary drivers or some setting got changed.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Also, go into your MIDI settings and switch the playback from human playback to VST or whatever the other option is.
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

Uninstalled Notepad. Reinstalled. Nothing. :-\

This is what I see.

I don't recognize that "Repeat:" box. Maybe this is a result from an update or something? Everything else looks normal, it just doesn't play the songs. I'm going to try to look through the settings and see if anything has spontaneously changed.

Maelstrom

That link is not a shared link. It just gives me a 404 in my dropbox stating that there is no folder "/screenshots".

Brawler4Ever

How's this?

It's basically a screenshot of a sheet. It has an added Repeat box. Not really much else I can say.

Here is a mus file from my Dropbox. I can open it, but not play it. I've messed with the Playback settings, but nothing has helped.

Maelstrom

It just killed playback for me too.
It worked again when I re-opened notepad and opened a different file.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It's working on 2014, when I use VST playback, but not anything else.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

Works on my 2014, both VST and MIDI.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Brawler4Ever

:o

That's so weird!!!

Would it help to mention that i have Finale Notepad 2012? I had assumed that it was the normal version.

Are you guys using the full version Finale? Or Notepad?

Tobbeh99

Full version and Notepad. Work on both for me.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Did I mention I could only open it in notepad? And with no playback?

Latios212

That file works fine for me.

Sometimes I have this problem where it starts playback but there's no sound. Have you tried entering a note (including one that's already there)? It should play a note when you edit it, and if so, playback should become normal.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle