News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Maya's Arrangement Sheet's (REVISED)

Started by mayastarr041, July 09, 2015, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 10, 2015, 01:21:17 PMWhat do you mean? I'm confused..
You can change the key, but, unlike finale, there is not an option to keeps the notes the same. So all the notes will move up or down when you change the key.
Note that you cannot change the time sig, no matter what you do in notepad

Altissimo

Hence why I use Musescore. :p
But, I can do a Musescore rewrite if you want me to that keeps all the music the same but incorporates the key signature changes, if you don't want to bother with Notepad's dumbness!

mayastarr041

Quote from: Altissimo on July 10, 2015, 02:22:01 PMHence why I use Musescore. :p
But, I can do a Musescore rewrite if you want me to that keeps all the music the same but incorporates the key signature changes, if you don't want to bother with Notepad's dumbness!
Sorry for being so clueless, but are you talking to me, maelstrom, or pianist?
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Altissimo

mayastarr041

Oh, well then that'd be perfect! I'd love it, thank you very much!  ;D

Altissimo

MUS / PDF

Here you go - Dusty Dune with the key signatures implemented. :p
That being said, I'd suggest you check out your rhythms, as well as the octaves your notes are in. It's your arrangement, which is why I don't want to go through and fix all that for you, but your rhythms do seem a little inconsistent from time to time among each other, not to mention that the original is really rubato and you're probably going to want to find creative ways to notate the "timeless" feel of the original. The octaves in some places don't seem correct to my ears, though that's just on a first listen.
You did pick a tough one for your first arrangement, though - good luck! :p

mayastarr041

mayastarr041

I posted a new song on the first page. If you want, you can check it out! Thanks guys!  :D

Olimar12345

Flip-Swap is another hard one, though! (imo) Here are some things I noticed:

Formatting things:
-Don't forget to fill in the copyright info and the year at the bottom!
-The site url should be switched to the new one: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/ (exactly, with the caps).
-It looks like you have too many measures; you can delete the empty measures by selecting both staves and pressing the delete key.

Musical things:
-Don't forget to include a tempo marking to indicate how fast or slow the piece should be played! This goes above measure 1!
-You could add dynamic markings to change the volume throughout the arrangement! If anything, have at least a single dynamic marking at the beginning so that we know how to play the piece!
-In my opinion, the first measure should be all quarter notes, with the fifth and highest note happening on beat one of the second measure.
-The sixteenth notes in the left hand throughout the arrangement might resemble the original more closely if you have the even-numbered notes one octave higher (having them switch between the two octaves).

Overall, it was a GREAT step in the right direction for a beginner! Definitely keep at it, you're more than capable of doing this with more practice!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mayastarr041

Sebastian

Ok! I fixed up "A Tense Moment" for you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96y5jfzrb0yzdrs/Super%20Mario%20Galaxy%20-%20A%20Tense%20Moment.mus?dl=0

What I did:
-I changed it to 80 BPM instead of 40 BPM.
-I added way more notes in to make it sound fuller.
-I changed the dynamics on the part where the trumpets are really loud to make it more consistent.
-Fixed some incorrect formatting.
-Etc.
Tell me what you think.
I recommend you submit this one! :)

mayastarr041

Mario.....I swear, I love you like heck right now.  ;D ;) :)

Sebastian

No problem! Do you need a midi and pdf too so you can submit it?

mayastarr041

That'd be nice. I just figured how to do the MIDI, so can you help me with the PDF? Thank you. ;D

Sebastian

Np.....I'll get them when I'm done mowing.