CosmicProp's Semifinished Arrangement

Started by CosmicProp123, July 08, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicProp123

Alright, so decided to do a new Galaxy song, Drip Drop Galaxy. It's partially done. And man, is it really really hard. I stopped their because the next part being confusing. Can you help me and tell me what's wrong and what's good? How is it so far? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bi56ijckftbsj1/Drip%20Drop%20Galaxy.mus?dl=0
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Sebastian

You can uSe Dropbox to upload files.
Dropbox.com

CosmicProp123

I have Dropbox but to where? sorry totally new

Maelstrom

Ok. If you have dropbox, copy the files into the dropbox folder. Go to the website, log in, and view your files. If you mouse over a file, you can click the "Share" button to get a sharable link. Just copy and paste it onto your first post. You can edit them, btw.

CosmicProp123

Hi! I was working on Honey Hive galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and this was my first music sheet I transcribed. This is just the first part. Sorry, i'm new here and I hoped you guys could critique this. It has only the intro btw. Please judge me as harsh, but realistically as I need all the support I can get. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kykgoocv0q51ekw/Honey%20Hive%20Galaxy.mus?dl=0

And here's the link to the actual music:

Not sure if I did this correctly.

Olimar12345

I merged your two topics together in order to prevent future confusion. You can edit the original post by pressing the [edit] button in the top-right of the post.

Also, take a look around to see how other's make their topics. Most of the time they use titles like "Olimar's arrangement topic" or something like that.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

CosmicProp123

Thanks very much. Is it possible to delete a post? Can you access the links I posted?

Maelstrom

Why is it a .Ink file. Did you play too much Splatoon?

CosmicProp123

I have no idea for both of them. I did as you asked about copying it to Dropbox and stuff.

Maelstrom

It's not dropbox that is the problem. It's the file put into dropbox. You should be getting a .mus file extension, not a .Ink.

edit: Looks like you fixed it. It's fine now.

edit 2: Took a look. You did a decent job so far. The main thing that's hurting you is that you can't do a swing rhythm in Notepad.
Just so you know, I've been  arranging for a little bit, and I still stink at swing rhythms. You might want to try something easier for your first arrangement and come back to this later. I'm not sure if you feel the same way, but yeah, there are much easier first songs to do.

CosmicProp123

Your idea is great. I'll do that, but I wanna stay with galaxy
 would appreciate if u answer a poll I'm ma leave in the help section. thanks again!

CosmicProp123

Alright, so decided to do a new Galaxy song, Drip Drop Galaxy. It's partially done. And man, is it really really hard. I stopped their because the next part being confusing. Can you help me and tell me what's wrong and what's good? How is it so far? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bi56ijckftbsj1/Drip%20Drop%20Galaxy.mus?dl=0

DonValentino

Umm, you don't have to create a new topic for each new song you do, editing your posts on your main thread is enough :J

CosmicProp123

Right, how stupid of me. Can you merge them together then?

DonValentino

I'm not a mod really, so I can't really do anything like removing or moving threads xD
But Olimar can! Pick one of the topics, the one you prefer, and ask him to remove the other one.

Regarding the song, well, until m. 8, so far so good. But it's not a song that can be easily translated to piano, are you sure you want to continue? It's better to start off with simpler songs to gain a little practice. Just a tip though, if you feel capable, go for it. I insist to reconsider though!