News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Making Music

Started by CosmicProp123, July 08, 2015, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicProp123

I just started making a sheet for Super Mario Galaxy and man it is HARD. I've been working on it for over an hour with absolutely NO progress. Why is it so difficult? What can I do to make it more bearable? This is my first time ever composing a song with Finale Notepad.  :'(
Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Latios212

Would you like to show what you're working on? Orchestral pieces like the ones in Super Mario Galaxy can be tough to deal with at first. Perhaps try something simpler to start, like 8-bit music.

Also just terminology: If you're making Super Mario Galaxy sheets then you're really transcribing or arranging them. "Making music" and "composing a song" is what the composers do during development of the game!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

CosmicProp123

Yeah transcribe. Thanks! And I'm currently working on Honeyhive Galaxy.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1tjASbtOmI

And one quick question. Will I be able to post a half completed music sheet for people to critique or do I have to post a finished one only? This is for criticsm, not submission.

Learning to play Mario pieces on the piano. Torture, but worth it!

Dudeman

If you're having trouble, feel free to post what you have and people would be happy to help you along with the rest of it. That's why we're here!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

In your own personal arrangement thread, you can post arrangements at whatever stage you like to get feedback and such (though we can give you more the more complete your arrangement is, obviously).
I'd advise against using Finale notepad to start arranging, as it's designed to frustrate you.
Literally.
It's a marketing gimmick.
Anyways, most people here use musescore, then export it as an XML file, and you can open it in finale notepad.
I personally use this website for my arranging, but it's a preference thing.
what is shitpost