Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Spat's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Altissimo

(I know this needs some formatting changes - namely: measure numbers/lack of "piano" on every system in the MUS file, and the addition of the site's URL in the PDF file.)

Bespinben

I can fix the formatting stuff. Let's focus on the music:

*M. 2 On beats 3-4, there's some 16th triplets in the percussion line. I think these can be fairly easily adapted to the piano by droning the tone F with the rhythm of the snares. I suggest F because the A natural would appear to be derived from an F7 chord, based on the context. When you incorporate this, remember -- layers are your friends.
*M. 3-4 ~The LH harmony is incorrect. Most of the tones are a half-step lower than you've written. It should be: Db Eb F Ab G E Gb C
*M. 6 ~ There is a noticeable increase of tempo here.
*M. 6-10 ~ The melody line should be an octave lower (in the LH presumably). This will allow you to incorporate the octave unisons on E on beat 3 of m. 7 and m. 9.
*M. 10 ~ The 16ths in beat 2 actually alternate in octaves: (2) F^ F* F^ F* /(3) F....
*M. 12 ~ Beat 4 is a different voice entirely from the melody, and it should be an octave lower.
*M. 13-14 ~ The LH slides should be an octave lower. I would also recommend using this style of notation:
Spoiler
[close]
*M. 17 ~ The slides in beats 2-4 should be in the LH and 1 octave lower. Again, apply the style of notation recommended above.
*Optional: M. 5, 14, and 17 all have very WIDE vibratos on certain notes, so much so that it's in fact fluctuating by whole steps. It's up to you if you want to incorporate this however.

(Oh, and your MUS is of a different song ^.^")
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on July 08, 2015, 03:41:45 PM*M. 2 On beats 3-4, there's some 16th triplets in the percussion line. I think these can be fairly easily adapted to the piano by droning the tone F with the rhythm of the snares. I suggest F because the A natural would appear to be derived from an F7 chord, based on the context. When you incorporate this, remember -- layers are your friends.

Absolutely an F(7) chord! :p Incorporated that in both M. 2 and M. 4, where the same figure occurs again.

I'm pretty bad at picking up what octave things are in, so thanks for your notes on the octave issues!

Quote*Optional: M. 5, 14, and 17 all have very WIDE vibratos on certain notes, so much so that it's in fact fluctuating by whole steps. It's up to you if you want to incorporate this however.
I'm not quite sure how to mark it. I tried a trill and it sounded really awful in the playback... but if the playback sound is not as important I can put a trill notation above those notes (possibly in parentheses) for the sake of people using the music sheets.

Quote(Oh, and your MUS is of a different song ^.^")
wow go me. That's been fixed (and the MUS is updated, as are the PDF and MIDI).

Bespinben

Quote from: Altissimo on July 08, 2015, 05:10:38 PMAbsolutely an F(7) chord! :p Incorporated that in both M. 2 and M. 4, where the same figure occurs again.
You followed my instructions to a "T" and even took some extra initiative! This is joy.

Quote from: Altissimo on July 08, 2015, 11:42:53 AM(I know this needs some formatting changes - namely: measure numbers/lack of "piano" on every system in the MUS file, and the addition of the site's URL in the PDF file.)
Latios and I will be "sub spreeing" tonight, so I will task him with up-ing the aesthetic appeal of your sheet ;) Expect some files soon!
(We'll fiddle around with the vibrato adaptation as well)

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on July 08, 2015, 05:20:02 PMYou followed my instructions to a "T" and even took some extra initiative! This is joy.

I accept that my sheets are not usually the pinnacle of perfection at first, so I absolutely will take any suggestions anyone has for fixing them :p

QuoteLatios and I will be "sub spreeing" tonight, so I will task him with up-ing the aesthetic appeal of your sheet ;) Expect some files soon!
(We'll fiddle around with the vibrato adaptation as well)

Sweet \o/ can't wait!
(As a general thing, my sheets are almost always going to need those specific fixes - add measure numbers and take out "piano" in the MUS, add site URL in the PDF. I use MuseScore to create the base arrangements and PDF versions of them, simply because I've been using MuseScore for around four and a half years now, but I haven't yet figured out how to do a footer that's more than one line. Then I export the .xml file from MuseScore to Finale for the MIDI and MUS files, and as we all know Notepad doesn't like measure numbers or getting rid of "piano".)

Bespinben

Altissimo

Nice! What effect did you use for the bend at the end of the intro?

Bespinben

Quote from: Altissimo on July 11, 2015, 02:46:36 PMNice! What effect did you use for the bend at the end of the intro?

Uhhh, a combination of pedal, descrendo, appoggiatura, and trill seemed to somehow mesh together to make a decent sound!

If you're happy with it, the Team Updater deems this ready to go.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot