News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker for Wii U

Started by Famous Gamous, July 06, 2015, 08:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Gamous

Hello,

I am the developer of KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker which is releasing on the Wii U eShop later this week (July 9th).

In a nutshell, KEYTARI turns your Wii U GamePad into an 8-bit style musical instrument.  This is not music composing software.  Rather this is a unique musical instrument that I hope you will have the opportunity to enjoy playing... and discovering its secrets!

I'm starting this thread because I wanted to introduce myself and also be available for any questions or feedback.

More information on website: www.famousgamous.com

I have set aside free pre-release Download Codes for the NinSheetMusic community.  (North American Wii U eShop: USA, Mexico, Canada)  Simply send me a PM if you think you may enjoy jamming 8-bit style!!

[Edit - Thank you to everyone who requested a free pre-release Download Code!! I was able to honor all pre-release requests.  Now, KEYTARI is available on the Wii U eShop.]

Kind regards,
Famous Gamous

Maelstrom

Hmm.
Seems like a good idea with great implementation, but that can only take you so far.
The main limitation is this: It's still on the gamepad. No matter what you do, it's not a keyboard/piano/computer program.
The big question is this: Can you record, layer, or export tracks you make?

K-NiGhT

This sounds like a fun little time-waster. I'll be grabbing one of those codes :D
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Famous Gamous

Wow!  Quick replies!!

@K-NiGht
You hit the nail on the head.
QuoteThis sounds like a fun little time-waster. I'll be grabbing one of those codes :D

@Maestrom
You cannot record, layer, or export tracks you make.  All this has already been done before, as you say, on the computer.

This is something entirely different. 

This is about the joy of the Wii U GamePad in your hands, literally feeling the 8-bit music come out of the GamePad speakers... then turning up TV volume and shaking your entire house with deep 8-bit tones.

Maelstrom

How much space does it take up?
I'm a little pressed for space on my Wii U atm

Sebastian

This sounds lovely like an awesome idea! I'll take a code too :)

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: https://shigerureviews.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/8-bit-music-maker-keytari-is-coming-to-wii-u-on-july-9th/Keytari, an 8-Bit Music Maker, will be coming to the Wii U on July 9th. The app will be $7.99. Here is the official description of Keytari:

" Simply touch the keys on your Wii U GamePad and YOU are playing KEYTARI. KEYTARI was designed to be easy to pick up and play. But to truly master KEYTARI, experimentation and practice will take you far – just like with a traditional musical instrument.  Wield powerful lead instruments such as SineSquare, MultiPlex, and PolySaw. Power-Up a Background Beat, Underworld Bass, Sustain, and the Drum Kit to take your 8-bit style jamming to the Next Level!

KEYTARI is a Wii U exclusive featuring light up keys, energy bar volume displays, and 4 classic color pallets in Overworld and Underworld styles.  Scoring is simple. +1 for every key played. Most think the Score Board is just for fun... However, the sages speak of a hero from afar who will break past the maximum score of 9999 and thus beat KEYTARI."

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in?

So there is a game in this? Sounds neat. Could you send me a code? I don't have a Wii U, but my sister's family does. I'm pretty sure that they would enjoy this!
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Olimar12345

Thanks again for the free download code. The app is really fun to mess around in (I almost successfully recreated some castlevania tunes lol). The only two suggestions I have for the game would be to add some way to change octaves without changing the sound font, and the ability to slide to and from pitches. Other than that it's still pretty addictive.

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 06, 2015, 08:46:11 AMHow much space does it take up?
I'm a little pressed for space on my Wii U atm

I think the download said around 241MB, iirc.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Famous Gamous

@Brawler4Ever
QuoteSo there is a game in this? Sounds neat. Could you send me a code?
Most consider KEYTARI as simply a musical instrument to enjoy.
However... there have been whispers of mystery hidden within.
Code sent. ;)

@Olimar12345
You are very welcome, and I'm very glad you are having fun! I wish I could hear your Castlevania rendition!!  Thank you for the feedback and request for sliding pitches and toggling octaves.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Hero of Trains

Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Famous Gamous

Hi Nebbles, Latios212, and Hero of Trains,
Of course!  I've PMed you all.
Enjoy!!

Nebbles

I got my code, and I'll put it in once I boot up my Wii U again.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

I consider myself intrigued.
I'll try it.