News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXI: Pokémon X & Y

Started by SlowPokemon, July 04, 2015, 02:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Quote from: Dudeman on July 13, 2015, 04:10:47 PMI'm gonna follow through on my suspicions finally and vote Mashi. His argument not to have an alliance stemmed (before the statistcs) from the statement "this isn't an alliance game." Who cares? That's for the specials to decide. He's been very logical apart from that, but I agree with Mael: that sentence about KitB's has something very weird behind it. That andThis when he agreed with Bubbles vote the last Day Phase when Bubbles was just pressuring me into talking. Did you want me lynched, Mashi? No. Proof:I rest my case.
Yes, because I helped SlowPokemon design it and didn't want us to go through with a strategy (i.e. forming an alliance) that should have been objectively detrimental for the Human Team.

Don't make random claims about statements being weird without providing your reasoning why.  I don't know what could possibly be weird about a factual statement I made about KitBs; if there's a KitB among many Humans, a Wolf isn't going to care about it.  If there's a KitB and a Wolf is likely to die, the Wolf Partners are likelier to switch their votes.

You were inactive and I wanted to pressure you to be active.  If you're afraid of being lynched, you should have taken the vote seriously and responded.  And considering that you did, the pressure worked.

Dudeman, your suspicion of me arises purely from strategy discussion and, unless you're being silly, I think it's a result of confirmation bias.  If I were a Wolf, why did I decide to switch my vote off of you?  Why did I decide to wolf Bubbles, who was reading me as Human?  Why did I decide to argue with davy about setting up an alliance if I believed that it was detrimental to the Human Team at the time?

Mashi

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 13, 2015, 03:30:53 PMJust a thought: latios was active elsewhere but not here. What if he did that intentionally? He gets lynched, and then there's no vigi on the next night. I'm considering the possibility that he was the vigi. However, it might just be a coincidence.
fank009 and FireArrow are both potential Vigi candidates.  It's also possible that the Vigi simply didn't vigi last Night Phase.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 13, 2015, 04:21:15 PMI'm still deciding on where to place my vote, but for now here's a current count:

Yugi: 1 (Brawler4Ever)
Olimar12345: 2 (Mashi & BDS)
Mashi: 1 (Dudeman)
You're currently the leading wagon, so you have to either vote me or Yugi or convince enough people to lynch someone else.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Mashi on July 13, 2015, 01:56:38 PMAlso, a KitB is bad (particularly in our previous Day Phase) because it's more likely to kill a Wolf than a Human.
Mashi, read this sentence again.

Mashi

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2015, 04:27:51 PMMashi, read this sentence again.
Oh, whoops.  I accidentally switched the words Wolf and Human, if it weren't evident.

Olimar12345

Ninjad
Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2015, 04:27:51 PMMashi, read this sentence again.
^lol, I think you wrote that backwards, mashi. We're actually trying to kill wolves, in case you haven't noticed xD

Quote from: Mashi on July 13, 2015, 04:26:34 PMYou're currently the leading wagon, so you have to either vote me or Yugi or convince enough people to lynch someone else.

I don't have to "convince" anyone. If I seem like the best option, then so be it. I've got no quote or chat log up my sleeve that'll magically confirm my humanity. I've contributed and done my part for our team.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Mashi on July 13, 2015, 04:23:36 PMYou were inactive and I wanted to pressure you to be active.  If you're afraid of being lynched, you should have taken the vote seriously and responded.  And considering that you did, the pressure worked.
Doesn't change the fact that you still cast a vote without intention to lynch. And sure, who wouldn't be afraid of being lynched when they take the game seriously? Plus I'm among a larger pool of people who were also inactive. Dude. Latios. Maelstrom to an extent. And I did take the vote seriously; that's why I joined that chat session and posted saying there hasn't been much to say.
QuoteDudeman, your suspicion of me arises purely from strategy discussion and, unless you're being silly, I think it's a result of confirmation bias.  If I were a Wolf, why did I decide to switch my vote off of you?
I see it that you switched the vote because it would have been suspicious if you didn't. I posted and showed up actively in the chat, which is what you pressured me to do. What other reason would you have had to keep the vote then? You wanted to hear from me, and you did.
QuoteWhy did I decide to wolf Bubbles, who was reading me as Human?
Could you direct me to that? I looked through the thread but probably missed something.
QuoteWhy did I decide to argue with davy about setting up an alliance if I believed that it was detrimental to the Human Team at the time?
Sure, it would have been detrimental to the Humans, but it would be detrimental to the wolves if it had formed successfully. I'm gonna point out that two of your first three points were "not an alliance game" and "it kills activity." And the risks you pointed out are risks that exist with any alliance.

Gonna finish by saying that I'm fickle enough to change my vote before phase end if Mashi has convincing responses to these, which he certainly will given his experience.

ninja'd x1
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dudeman

Also I'm in the chat if people wanna talk.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Brawler4Ever

Please post any relevant chat logs as they come. It seems like it's a case between mashi and Olimar, and day ends in just over an hour.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brawler4Ever

Mashi* and Olimar. Phone didn't do caps for whatever reason.

Maelstrom

I really can't decide between Mashi or Olimar.
I really think one is a wolf, but I don't know which.
Mashi did act kind of strange with Latios and all, but he's been fairly consistent. Olimar, on the other had, after reading some early posts, appears to be a little different from the early game. (Still bothered by that random d1 bandwagon post) I'm not sure if he put more time into it, or got some info, but something feels a little different. 
Any final thoughts?
Any more votes?
I hate to be the one to decide it.......
Safety on Me (Mael) in case I don't get back in to change it.

Maelstrom

Three minutes left.....
I hate making snap decisions.......
Going to go with Mashi because dudeman and I'm out of time

Brawler4Ever

Quite frankly, I think that they're both human. I decided to maintain my vote on Yugi. I'll try again on the next Day if nothing else comes up. Or are we getting him a replacement? Because that would be under "something coming up."

Brawler4Ever

I've been on record several times that I'm suspicious of Mashi. However, I've come to realize (mostly in my conversation with dudeman) that much of my suspicion has been due to my own inexperience. Mashi has, for the most part, been honest and open in his thoughts and actions. While I don't believe that this is enough for me to completely trust him, it's not little enough that I should vote for him to be lynched. If that makes sense. I'm pretty sure that that makes no sense, but I'm going with it anyway.

I can say the same thing for Olimar. I believe that today's lynch will end in a human death.

Jub3r7

Olimar12345. This time my runner up is Maelstrom??
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jub3r7

Or maybe not. I wonder how many human blues are still alive.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]