[GCN] Pokémon Colosseum - "Pyrite Building" by Pianist Da Sootopolis

Started by Zeta, July 03, 2015, 10:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Whoops, I went through and fixed most of the unplayable chords but I guess I missed that one. I see what you mean about building suspense and tension, but I personally don't like dropping too many voices. What if those two measures change to this then?:
Spoiler

(the second LH groupings are just bumped up and down in each measure respectively)
[close]

That way all the original feel and notes for the song are kept, but the octaves get messed with for extra emotion

Anyway, that's just my own arrangement. It's got little to do with your own that's being submitted here :P

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The 12th is still there (the "and" of 4 on the first measure in the spoiler), though.
That could be done, but in the right hand it still is damn near unplayable.
Anyways, so we're waiting for a mod to come look at this?
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Again, I hate to be whiny, but when the update thread for each month has been posted already and the mods are looking at others sheets as they come out, I feel like this is being ignored a bit. Maybe it's irrational, but I was hoping to at least get some feedback on this, preferably have it submitted if it was good to go. My other arrangement wasn't good, and that I get and as such I deleted the submission. But this one was just a bit frustrating to have gathering it dust when it seemed ready to submit (though if people have criticisms, again, I want to hear them so I can fix them and make the sheet better!). Apologies for the rant.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

Sorry to hear, but that update is the only update that has happened since you submitted this, and that isn't unusual. : /
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

We try to do regular monthly updates for consistency, rather than hold off waiting for a couple more sheets.  Please don't be offended, you'll have your time in the spotlight soon enough!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Latios212 on July 23, 2015, 09:06:26 PMWe try to do regular monthly updates for consistency, rather than hold off waiting for a couple more sheets.  Please don't be offended, you'll have your time in the spotlight soon enough!
I get that, but I submitted this on July 4th, finished editing on July 6th.
Maybe I'm just being overly b**chy, lol, but this is kinda frustrating, especially considering the lack of communication; even something like "Hey, you probably won't get in this month but it should be set for next month's!" would've been great and totally understood. Plus, I'm sure there are still some things that more experienced arrangers would catch here, so I'd quite appreciate at least a little communication via PM.
That said, I'm also very new to the site and not super familiar with how things work around here, so I might just be being super arrogant and stuff, so if that's the case I apologize.
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

The important thing to remember is that the updaters have lives of their own. They have their own arrangements to complete. And they sometimes take time to work on Arrangement Projects. Then, after all of this, they need to go out of their way to either critique or accept dozens of sheets each month. They accepted 29 sheets in about 30 days this update; that's an incredible pace, imo. Next update, we should reach 2,500 arrangements, which is insane! ;D

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 23, 2015, 09:35:18 PMMaybe I'm just being overly b**chy, lol, but this is kinda frustrating, especially considering the lack of communication; even something like "Hey, you probably won't get in this month but it should be set for next month's!" would've been great and totally understood. Plus, I'm sure there are still some things that more experienced arrangers would catch here, so I'd quite appreciate at least a little communication via PM.
I can completely sympathize with this sentiment. I submitted two arrangements on June 23rd. Only one was accepted. As far as I know, the other wasn't even looked at. But you know what? It happens. As long as you continue to show interest in the arrangement (i.e. a friendly bump if nothing has happened in roughly 2-3 weeks), then it's fine. A PM wouldn't really be helpful in this scenario. It's nothing personal against you; they just have a ton of work to do. Writing a pm to every arranger telling them that their arrangement won't make the next update would be more time-consuming than helpful. It'd be better to get one more arrangement into the update, imo.  :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Olimar12345

I don't get it, it'll just be in the next update. I'm from a time when we went months without any updates, so I have less sympathy. Sorry :/
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm more frustrated with the lack of any communication than it not being in the update, but I get what you're saying.
what is shitpost

Latios212

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 23, 2015, 10:45:03 PMThe important thing to remember is that the updaters have lives of their own.

I probably should have announced this earlier, but it's perfectly fine to PM or Skype me if you want to talk about a submission. In fact, I encourage it. Feel better?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

I cleaned up your sheet a bit. I manage to fit it on one page and also made the correct note groupings. By that I mean, when you have a song with up-beat rhythm you need to show the 3rd beat in 4/4, either by a note or by a rest. So you might need to beam 8ths instead of quarter notes.

Here is the file: MUS
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Many thanks- I'll open it in Finale 2014 when I get back to my computer.
Quote from: Latios212 on July 24, 2015, 12:03:18 PMI probably should have announced this earlier, but it's perfectly fine to PM or Skype me if you want to talk about a submission. In fact, I encourage it. Feel better?
Cool, thanks. Will do.
what is shitpost

Bespinben

I'm the one who told you to delete "A Grand Tale", and I'm the one who has been avoiding this submission. If you vent your frustrations as some enigmatic group-body, that only propounds the frustrations. I'm the one at fault.

But, alas, now I am here!

I only got through measures 1-11, but I still noticed a big issue: octave registration. The bass should be an octave lower, the figure at m. 3 & 6 should be an octave higher, and the guitar at m. 8-9 (and 10-11) should be an octave lower.

You'll also notice in my draft above my solution to your arranging dilemma @ m. 10-11. Use the pedal to sustain the low A of the bass line. This will create that tension you desire that leads into m. 12.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Hmm. Interesting idea... but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of an 8va mark if it's often low enough to go own lower ledger lines, when without it it would be notated mostly fine?
Octave registration issues duely noted.
Also, is it soto voce or sotto voce? I could've sworn the latter is what's in my Chopin editions and such, but I'd be happy to be corrected.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just did a bunch of tweaking. The panel says the file is too large now, so I'm just going to give you guys the .mus and .musx via dropbox.
Here's the ZIP.The other files are in there
what is shitpost