Altissimo's Hamtaro Arrangements (New 12/15 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky thing)

Started by Altissimo, June 30, 2015, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Hey, nice job! (And super quick too haha)
A few things I'd suggest though:

-You don't actually need to put dynamic markings and crescendos under both lines. Just in the middle of the staff is enough. As far as I'm aware, Finale automatically applies them to both voices (but still brings out the melody). In fact, I think it might be screwing with your crescendos a bit as is, but I can't be sure.
-Remember to have ties between your grace notes and your main notes.
-I'm pretty sure Clubhouse is 4/4 with swing? Like it doesn't sound inaccurate at all in 12/8 but I dunno I just get more of a "swung" feel than a "compound meter" feel from it... probably because of all the jazz-like accidentals and the way the bass moves. If you want to try submitting it in 12/8 to see if updating staff feels 12/8 is more accurate, I wouldn't mind, but that's just my two cents.
-The C-flat at the end of m. 5 in Clubhouse should be a B-natural, and the grace note in m. 12 should be an F-sharp.
-The A-sharps in m. 16 and 17 of Hamtaro Time should be B-flats. (One way you can tell this is the case is looking at the interval relationships in the bass - m. 11-12 moves from D to G, up a perfect fourth. 13-14 moves from E to A, another perfect fourth. So, 15-16 should move another perfect fourth - which is F to B-flat, not F to A-sharp. Similarly, m. 12-13 moves from G to E, down a third; then 14-15 moves from A to F, down a third; so 16-17 should move from B-flat to G, which is a third, unlike A-sharp to G.)

Other than all that, really good! Props \o/ (now go submit them lol)

Th3Gavst3r

-The reason I have dynamics on both lines is because I have Finale set to output each piano staff to a different midi channel, which allows for left and right hand to be distinguished in programs like Synthesia. An unfortunate side effect is that the dynamics don't get applied to both staves like they should, but after experimenting it seems like crescendos work fine so I took those out ???
-Didn't know that was a rule for grace notes, thanks!
-I see what you mean about the swing feel, I just jumped to 12/8 because I heard triplets rather than dotted eighths, but swing would definitely match the attitude of the song better (plus Finale does triplet swing anyway so why not.) Changed it, but saved a 12/8 copy for history or something
-Thanks for the accidental advice, I've been reading more theory on this but it looks like I'm still terrible ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Altissimo

Pablo Sanchez's Theme (from Backyard Baseball)
MID / MUS / PDF / Original

Pablo Sanchez is the greatest athlete of all time and I will hear no arguments to the contrary. He is an inspiration to all of us.

I've never played Backyard Sports for the record.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Altissimo

that's pretty true

anyway i have an update!! sort of. I have a more finished version of Kay Faraday's theme from Ace Attorney Investigations. I hope to put this one in the next submission cycle so hopefully this is the end. I've been sitting on this one since October ffs lol

MUS / MID / PDF / Original

I'll have more arrangements for you all when summer begins, I swear!! I'm almost out of "reserve" arrangements so I'll HAVE to keep arranging.

edit: i lied i have one now

looker's theme from platinum:

edit: i lied i have 2

hamtaro: rainbow rescue - rainbow land:

Altissimo

Finished version of Route 104 from Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire, with the help of Latios.

Altissimo

Altissimo

Altissimo

Ham Game Theme 1 (Rainbow Rescue):

Dat Gr6-V cadence and then the bVI-bVII-I cadence later doe. That's what I like about Rainbow Rescue: while I think Ham-Ham Heartbreak and Ham-Hams Unite have more distinctive tracks in more interesting keys than just C major (which is what most of Rainbow Rescue seems to be in), the composers of Rainbow Rescue seemed to be more willing to do some interesting stuff musically with the Rainbow Rescue tracks, which make them hella fun to arrange.

Altissimo

Flower Ranch (Rainbow Rescue):

fuck finale

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Hey, thanks!!

Edit:

Monkey Salsa (Ham-Ham Heartbreak):

Still not entirely sure on the accidentals for this one ._________.

Tottoko no Uta (Japanese Title Screen) (Ham-Ham Heartbreak):

Altissimo

two pages:

Hamstarr's Theme (Rainbow Rescue)

Carrobo's Theme (Rainbow Rescue) (this one is just a formatting update)

Altissimo

Altissimo

fuck it i was going to try and arrange the whole rainbow rescue soundtrack before july 8th (the 1st anniversary of my thread) so it could be a surprise but i got burnt out. have what i've done so far

Boss' Theme:

Ham-Ham Lawn:

Menu:

Coloring:

Tip-Top Fair:

Aquarium: