[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Super Bell Hill" by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, June 29, 2015, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on July 17, 2015, 10:12:50 PMYou can't trust Youtube OSTs. Watch this LP of World 1-1... the WHOLE 4 measures are part of the intro.

This isn't a YouTube soundtrack we're talking about here, this is an officially released, directly from Nintendo, PHYSICAL soundtrack. We've always opted for the official titles/tracks.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

I'm inclined to believe you; however, the multitude of links you shared were all to NAMES of the track. I still can't be 100% certain that GilvaSunner is using the ACTUAL official OST.

That said, my reasoning for believing you is because, after reading those wikis, the track lengths matched those of the GilvaSunner uploads. I could still be ultra-mega skeptical and claim that as non-sequitur, but... that'd be making too many assumptions on my part.

tl;dr - I stand corrected.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

I know it doesn't mean much right now, but I have a physical copy of the CD and can verify that the information I presented was correct.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 18, 2015, 12:01:05 AMI know it doesn't mean much right now, but I have a physical copy of the CD and can verify that the information I presented was correct.

That means everything! It was the whole crux of my argument.

(That said, I always found it odd finding incongruences between the game and the OST... but the mystery is solved, so I'm satisfied)

Sebastian

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

Haha..... Only kidding. I just want to see this amazing arrangement on the site :P

DonValentino

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: DonValentino on July 18, 2015, 08:51:34 AMUmm wasn't this accepted last time I checked? d:

I don't think so. Yug_Guy did an arrangement of the same song a while back and the post was deleted recently, but mine hasn't been accepted yet.

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Hey guys, just a little warning here. I will be leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon. I will have no access to Finale until next Friday (the 31st). I will have Internet access tomorrow, but from the next day until I come home I will not, as we will be in Mexico. I might be able to use my cell service occasionally to make short replies, but that's about it. Unless I get lucky and there is free computer access. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. I know you were planning on getting this song in the next update, and if there are any more corrections necessary, please let me know ASAP. Thanks! :)

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Bespinben

Not sure if we'll get this one in the next update, but hey, at least you got Mario Kart 64 in!

There's nothing particularly wrong perse with your transcription of m. 21+, but ironically I feel like the way you originally wrote it better captured the rhythmic feel. Notice how the percussion track really emphasizes that "oom-PA oom-PA" sort of sound, whereas it didn't in m. 3-18? Try to bring back some of that spirit.

Oh, and REALLY listen carefully to those chords at m. 19-20. There's some really funky 7ths that really make that progression jiving.

TheMarioPianist

Here, just updated the mus and musx so you can check out my updated bass pattern for 21+. Almost exactly what I had before. Have not updated 19 and 20 yet.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

I was unable to get those sevenths in 19 and 20 before I had to leave. If that's really the only thing left, could someone put those in? If there are any other issues, I will not be able to fix them until next Friday.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

I'll just leave these comments here:

-Why is there a third ending? It should just have the first and second.
-Your title and subtitle aren't center-aligned.
-Your composer and arranger names aren't right-aligned.
-Your copyright info isn't center-aligned.
-Missing the title on page two.
-Missing the page number on page two.
-You have an inconsistency with a rhythm in the first layer of the LH in a few spots. measure 5 and 21 have the same rhythm in the first layer of the LH, but in 21 you also beam all three notes together. Generally, you use a tie when you can't use a larger note value meaning that the situation wouldn't be bared together anyway, so it looks odd. Either tie the eighth notes without beams, or make them all quarter notes.
-The articulation in the intro seems like it could have been chosen better. I'd have done staccato - staccato - slur - staccato - accent - marcato.
-Over all, the piece sounds pretty cool in finale, but it seems way to difficult, almost like it was written for finale and not a pianist. try to keep in mind most people only have two hands. d:

TheMarioPianist

I'm in a hurry, so I'll number these so I don't have to quote multiple times. (Numbers match up with each of your points.

1. Oh, I had it there because I preferred Finale to end it there. It can be deleted. (Bespinben?)
2. Bespinben??
3. Bespinben???
4. Bespinben????
5. Bespinben?????
6. Bespinben??????
7. Whoops. Finale did that by itself. Must not have caught it. My bad. (Bespinben???????)
8. Yea, I still had never changed the articulation from when I had a 4 measure intro. I was just waiting for one of you guys to say something. Don't know why I didn't take the initiative. (Bespinben????????)
9. Well, I do agree with what you are saying there, but Bespinben insisted on putting the guitar part in. And I do like it there, remember I just hadn't noticed it in the background before. I know that the biggest reach in this song is a 9th or so (not saying that the rhythm could be impossible in some places). I'll leave it up to the updaters. (Bespinben?????????)

(By the way, I keep putting Bespinben's name so he can see these changes bc I have no Finale. Gotta go.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player