PDS' Arrangements - (NEW 6/17/16) Kingdom Hearts 2; Friends In My Heart

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, June 23, 2015, 11:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

New arrangement! I've decided that instead of putting the individual file links here, I'll just leave the zip here and you can unpack it how you please.
Arabian- ZIP
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Uhh.......
That's not exactly a zip.
It's just a link that lets you select the files in the folder

Anyway, a little feedback:
-I think the baseline could use a little improvement, especially in the last line, but I am in no position to speak about it because I can't find the thingy that lets me use my headphones (long story).
-Maybe some dynamics. At least an initial one. Maybe some crescendos and diminuendos at 21-29
-nitpicky, but inconsistent note beaming at m28
-might want to check the note beaming in 6, 8, etc.
-One measure system. ew.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Wow. My dynamics are totally awful here, you're right.
Yes, the one measure system is disgusting.. I'll see about fixing it.
And yeah I got my file names wrong. Not sure what that is.
Question though- what would you change about the note beaming? Not my area of knowledge by a longshot.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 29, 2015, 10:55:28 AMQuestion though- what would you change about the note beaming? Not my area of knowledge by a longshot.
File types: Well, you may have made a zip, but it opened it instead of downloading it, like it might for MLF or Olimar's arrangements. You'll have to ask them how they do it, as I have not been able to figure it out yet.
Imo, it's easier not to use them, because you can just replace updated versions of files in dropbox and it won't break the link, provided they shared a file name and adress.

Well, the goal of note beaming is to show the beat. So that second quarter note would be an eighth tied to an eighth.
I am probably not the best person to teach note beaming, as I go overboard with fixes all the time. But that one's a textbook example of what it shouldn't be.
Another thing you should never do is have a dotted quarter, dotted quarter, quarter in 4/4.
But you probably knew that.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Posting again, for the first time in

....Jesus

Over 6 months. Damn.

Anyways, here's an in-progress arrangement. Baroque, from Runescape
Files are here!

Here's the original.

I'm just having a little trouble arranging the last section. If anyone has ideas for what the LH should do, feel free to offer them!

Here's the other arrangement I've done in the meantime- "Begin Again", from Fallout New Vegas.
Files

what is shitpost

Zeila

The runescape one is Begin Again, so you should fix your dropbox folder

Pianist Da Sootopolis

They're working fine for me, even after logging out of dropbox and on another computer. Are you sure you got the right one?
what is shitpost

Zeila

Yes. The title of the folder is Baroque, but the files are Begin Again

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Zeila

I don't think you have to update the link if it's still the same folder. I believe the file url remains the same (unless you rename it)

I have some feedback along with suggestions for Baroque:
  • The composers are Ian Taylor and Adam Bond (the runescape wikia page has a list of songs and composers, so you can just look up a song and they'll likely have it)
  • I don't think having two eighth rests instead of one quarter is worth it (I left it alone though). Aside from that, your rests and stem positions are all over the place. It's weird because some of them are in between the lines, and idk how that happened. In general, if there's space, then it's safe to move a rest to it's default position (at least, that's what I try to do). I didn't fix the ones I hid, however
  • It would be best to write a simile then hide all of the articulations (in this case, the staccatos) whenever something is repeated
  • The LH part is only the top note, not the bottom one. I see you just added octaves anyways but it sounds better as one note imo
  • When you raise the melody up several octaves at m17, you should write it out as how you wish it to be played. As of right now, some of the intervals are too high so I moved the staccato'd notes to the LH (I noticed you did that at m27)
  • I added accents on some of those chords
  • The Gs in m38 should be down an octave
  • For the last section, I think what you have right now is fine, but some of the notes were wrong
  • You don't have to follow all of the changes I made, and aside from the formatting errors there wasn't much of a problem. Good job!
Link to folder

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Many thanks. Taking these files and fixing them up further. Thanks for all the helpful comments, my fellow RS arranger!
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

New arrangement! Kingdom Hearts 2 this time.

Files are here.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost